Spot Hogg Triple Stack @ S&S Archery

At this point the sight Is gonna have to blow me away when i receive it or I'll just sell it.. it's too late for me to start tinkering with a new sight with September so close.. and it looks like several people are having trouble with the windage without the extra block..
yep! I had to have the block.

I can't figure out what the deal is everyone is having with windage.

The picture that was posted earlier has a bracket mounted between the sight and the riser, which is going to cause you to need more windage. Otherwise I'd think you must be out of centershot.

Maybe something is going on I'm not familiar with, I know the Mathews and new Hoyts have thicker risers, but they are cutout at the rest. The sight still mounts in the same amount of space off of centerline.

L.M._Rog

FNG
Mine shipped today, I can’t see how it will be any different than the other sights in the series, but I guess I’ll see soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
The block has been something I've dealt with with a number of Spott Hogg Sights and bow setups over the years when using my large 5 pin head. It's definitely not something unique to the triple stack. Basically it has to do with where your rest centershot is, and correspondingly where the sight needs to be set. Rest further left, sight further left. Rest further right, sight further right. On the single / double pins it's easy because of the bar they use, with the larger housing you need to move left / right with the blocks.

With that said, I'm in the group of a bunch of others, the delays for me mean I can't get it on my hunting bow before the season.

The block has been something I've dealt with with a number of Spott Hogg Sights and bow setups over the years when using my large 5 pin head. It's definitely not something unique to the triple stack. Basically it has to do with where your rest centershot is, and correspondingly where the sight needs to be set. Rest further left, sight further left. Rest further right, sight further right. On the single / double pins it's easy because of the bar they use, with the larger housing you need to move left / right with the blocks.

With that said, I'm in the group of a bunch of others, the delays for me mean I can't get it on my hunting bow before the season.

Have you ever needed more than the L bracket?

I have a Mathews V3, do you guys think I’ll need the block? And is there a specific one I should get? Still waiting on my triple stack but that would be expected since I ordered it in early May. Thanks

I have a Mathews V3, do you guys think I’ll need the block? And is there a specific one I should get? Still waiting on my triple stack but that would be expected since I ordered it in early May. Thanks
when I got my sight it came with the L bracket and I still had to get the 4 hole spacer block.

H80Hunter

WKR
For the record, spot hogg will send you the block for free and you’ll have it in like 3 days so make a 2 minute phone call. You’ll probably have it before the sight at this point. Furthermore you can buy spacers/standoffs at the hardware store and longer screws for like $2 total. This is not a huge deal.

For the record, spot hogg will send you the block for free and you’ll have it in like 3 days so make a 2 minute phone call. You’ll probably have it before the sight at this point. Furthermore you can buy spacers/standoffs at the hardware store and longer screws for like $2 total. This is not a huge deal.
Your right not a huge deal, but I think spot Hogg should have included this with the sight.

Dyehard

FNG
I've had my Fast Eddie XL Triple Stack on my VXR for about 2 weeks now and I didn't need anything other than flip the included L bracket to the configuration that puts the scope to the farthest left setting. Loving the sight by the way!

pre-ordered April 9th, anybody else order around this time receive shipping notifications yet ?

Brendan

WKR
Have you ever needed more than the L bracket?

Yes, I think I have in certain scenarios used the extra spacer block. But, generally no because I set my rest up down centershot of the bow. Pretty sure when I had to use it was with a Prime Centergy that was tuning outside 1" from the riser and I couldn't shim or adjust yokes to bring the rest back in. That weird rest position results in a correspondingly weird sight housing position.

I have one of these on order but I still haven’t decided how I will actually run it. I have always run a 4 pin. I like my last pin at 50. I also want a 20 yard pin. So I am trying to decide if I should run 20,40,50 or just suck it up and run 30,40,50

L.M._Rog

FNG
e68993330fc3cec8f9781e6c22f22725.jpg

1d9f3686dea34e327aafe4d4dd22811a.jpg

3518b66a06e521cc38ac573b0e4d7ac2.jpg

d2fdd5f0b8e6e412ec68d1930139f7f9.jpg

3669180c7e5154df6929098e6bd0ba01.jpg

So I received my Triple Stack Tommy Hogg today initial thoughts are it’s just as robust as all of their other sights. The in-line pins seem simple enough to move with a limiter on the side and an adjustment from below. All of the talk about them not working with the wide riser bows seems hard to believe since it’s the same windage block as they have used on their other movable sights. The yardage pointers look like they were well though out as well. Here’s a few pics

e68993330fc3cec8f9781e6c22f22725.jpg

1d9f3686dea34e327aafe4d4dd22811a.jpg

3518b66a06e521cc38ac573b0e4d7ac2.jpg

d2fdd5f0b8e6e412ec68d1930139f7f9.jpg

3669180c7e5154df6929098e6bd0ba01.jpg

So I received my Triple Stack Tommy Hogg today initial thoughts are it’s just as robust as all of their other sights. The in-line pins seem simple enough to move with a limiter on the side and an adjustment from below. All of the talk about them not working with the wide riser bows seems hard to believe since it’s the same windage block as they have used on their other movable sights. The yardage pointers look like they were well though out as well. Here’s a few pics

it's pretty much a different housing, with 3 pointers, the sight itself is just like the rest of their previous (like a fast eddie is a fast eddie regardless of being a triple stack, or double pin, or...) that's my understanding anyways.

i'm still waiting for a shipping notification email! i will still be mounting it as soon as i get it, because i don't plan on elk hunting with my compound this year anyways, so i can set it up, and i can't imagine it messing up my program anyways unless i get it a week before season or something and don't want to mess with the distraction.

i think i'm going to like the sight, and wish it was on my bow already, but this is 2021, and i feel for spot hogg.... i'm sure it's a lot bigger headache for them than me