Spott Hogg Question

It's the weekend, and Spott Hogg is closed but I have a hunter series fixed pin sight. I was trying to get a bit more windage out of it and snapped that little nut on the outside (see below). It's like a little nut, keeper if you will on the opposite side of where you turn the allen key. With elk season closing in, I may have to send it in Fedex to get it repaired, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the sight would still be solid without that? It's my first Spott Hogg and they are different in terms of how the windage doesn't have to be tightened or loosened, just adjust.

Anyways, I know it's not optimum, but anyone know the inner working of these things? Sucks, my fault to the "T"

Attachments

• screw.JPG
    screw.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I don't think it will hold tension properly without it.

I have some extras, I can send you one if it will help. Send it back once you get yours figured out.

Pretty certain they are just tig welder nuts. You might get someone local to spot it again, but I'm not certain how tight they need to be or anything.

OP
C
Thanks Billy, and thanks for the offer. I just confirmed what you mentioned, no tension, and it was shooting ok, but then I hear a rattle, so it's toast.

Zac

WKR
I'd just buy another sight. Always good to have a backup anyways. You could probably overlay the pins and get pretty close after you had your axis's set.