Staccato - talk me out of itâ€¦đŸ˜³

Scoot

WKR
Since you asked:
I guarantee you will find more joy donating excess money to the less fortunate than buying an expensive pistol that will see little to no use

ETA: I mean that genuinely, as in charity, not as in "gimme yo money" ha
Yep, he's right! Supposed to be great pistols, but given what you already said you own this will not add incremental happiness to your life at all.

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Have had a P for about year now, really fun to shoot and you will have it forever. Big difference vs striker type pistols... Go for it and make sure to put a nice dot on as well!

What are you thinking?? With that kind of money, you could pay off a couple college loans that earned someone a gender neutral studies degree. You could also sell your Glocks and Nightforce scopes and get some Joe Biden / Michelle Obama bumper stickers.

But, if it were me, the Staccato would be in my gunsafe already, or waiting for me to pick it up at the gunshop.

Last edited:
nah....

IMG_5370.JPEG
Custom CZ?

11boo

WKR
That platform is probably the most controllable and accurate launch pad for a 9mm.
Also more finicky than a Glock, but most Stacs run well.

Love my C2. My buddy has the CS and loves it as well. They are pricey but you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely do it. I've been window shopping them for quite awhile, the new and yet to be released C looks very tempting. But so does the xc.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Custom CZ?
Kind of..... A Dan Wesson DWX Compact. A hybrid between a CZ75/P10 and a 1911.......

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I just got some bonus money from work I wasn’t expecting and my wife said to spoil myself. I’ve got more hunting rifles and nightforce/trijicon scopes than I use. I have traditionally been a glock guy. Own and use a handful of them…never had a nice handgun. Everything I have read about the Staccato CS appeals to me. Is there something better I should be looking at for around the same price point? Any reason not to get a staccato? Any bad experiences with them? @Formidilosus ?

Staccato P with more than 40,000 rounds without any cleaning whatsoever.

IMG_7747.jpeg

IMG_7737.jpeg
IMG_7739.jpeg
IMG_7736.jpeg

Its first and only malfunction was at over 30,000 rounds. The extractor was completely filled with carbon and brass shavings and it could not grab the cartridge rim at all. Pulled the extractor, scrapped the carbon out with a knife, put it back in and it has been working perfectly for another 10,000 plus rounds.

IMG_8751.jpeg

The C and CS’s are better pistols still due the true 9mm mags and external extractor.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
If you want a gun go buy it. Money doesnt mean anything anymore. Just do you and f the rest.... I mean isnt this the American way?

I have and love my STI Trojan 9mm.
Traditional 1911 Govt platform.
Like others have said, the slide feels like it's on bearings.
Sweet trigger, extremely accurate.
My favorite 1911.
I have never liked Glocks...Owning a Staccato or other quality 19/2011 will spoil you.
FYI, the grip angle will be MUCH DIFFERENT than your Glocks...Natural point of aim will need to be re-learned.

Staccato P with more than 40,000 rounds without any cleaning whatsoever.

View attachment 712167

View attachment 712168
View attachment 712169
View attachment 712170

Its first and only malfunction was at over 30,000 rounds. The extractor was completely filled with carbon and brass shavings and it could not grab the cartridge rim at all. Pulled the extractor, scrapped the carbon out with a knife, put it back in and it has been working perfectly for another 10,000 plus rounds.

View attachment 712171

The C and CS’s are better pistols still due the true 9mm mags and external extractor.
What’s the reason for the torture test? Other line of work outside of Rokslide?

wesfromky

WKR
I fondled one last weekend. Felt nice, but I am not sure about the grip safety. I had a 1911 with one and had trouble getting it to consistently engage from a draw. Probably user error, but it did make me a bit less excited about trying to get one as some point. Almost bought a STI a couple times when I was shooting uspsa, so these look to be improved versions.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
What’s the reason for the torture test? Other line of work outside of Rokslide?

In general I and those shoot with do not clean any gun; in this specific case this pistol and a few others were to see if a Staccato 2011 really was as reliable and maintenance free as common legitimate duty or carry pistols. They are in spades, just need to be lubed.