Stalker Stickbows????

25 inch draw. 48-49lbs when I scale it using my scale. 500 grain arrow. My wolverine fxt at 43lbs shoots the same arrow at 160. Even though this coyote is 5-6lbs heavier it draws just a smooth as my lower poundage wolverine.

I do think South’s acs recurve limbs would be even faster then these acs long bow limbs, but the long bow limbs are much quieter imo. With both of my bows you can tell the longbow is quieter even tho it’s 5-6lbs more draw weight. Can’t wait to stack some critters with it this year!
heck yeah! that was the other question, how is the draw force curve on the ACS longbow limbs?.... sounds like it's still good?

i'm with ya on the longbow limbs, if you can gain some speed and have the quietness of a longbow, and string torque forgiveness, i would be as happy as could be... if he ever does build a super curve, i won't be able to help myself.

i had a Blacktail Columbian 1pc longbow for awhile, of course a beautiful bow, and loved how silent it was, but i didn't like the classic longbow grip on that bow, it stacked much more than my recurves, and was a slug compared to my recurves.... sounds like the ACS limbs on a coyote is the best of all worlds in that regard

Last edited:

Btaylor

WKR
heck yeah! that was the other question, how is the draw force curve on the ACS longbow limbs?.... sounds like it's still good?

i'm with ya on the longbow limbs, if you can gain some speed and have the quietness of a longbow, and string torque forgiveness, i would be as happy as could be... if he ever does build a super curve, i won't be able to help myself.

i had a Blacktail Columbian 1pc longbow for awhile, of course a beautiful bow, and loved how silent it was, but i didn't like the classic longbow grip on that bow, it stacked much more than my recurves, and was a slug compared to my recurves.... sounds like the ACS limbs on a coyote is the best of all worlds in that regard
Dont shoot the ACS LB limbs unless you are prepared to order one.

Very nice bow! I love my Coyote FXT. My only regret is not getting the acs limbs. Even mine with his standard FXT limbs likes a stiffer spined arrow. I’m still playing with 340 and 300 spine Easton axis. I’ve been liking about 200-225 grains up front. May need to get me some acs longbow limbs….

OP
Shammy

Shammy

FNG
Bowhuntercoop, that’s a beauty of a bow you purchased from South! Get some blood on her. Started this thread a little over a year ago. It was a great and challenging year hunting traditional. Love my Wolverine FXT and felt like a kid learning to hunt all over again. Anyway wanted to follow up with a donkey I shot in November and the first deer with my stalker bow. My close hunting buddy purchased one as well and we had a blast this year. What great unique beautiful bows South is turning out. 9062A747-1169-49B2-9B3E-C9FFF24632C8.jpeg

Last edited:

jesse1004

FNG
Congrats on filling a tag with the recurve! I believe I will be paying south a visit. Always been an ilf guy but would like to have a bow that looks as good as it shoots, and his bows fit the bill

Congrats on filling a tag with the recurve! I believe I will be paying south a visit. Always been an ilf guy but would like to have a bow that looks as good as it shoots, and his bows fit the bill

South makes a really fine looking ILF trad looking rig I’m tempted to pull the trigger myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Personal preference on the limbs they both use the same riser. I have a new coyote fxt longbow with the acs limbs and it’s amazing. Also have a wolverine fxt with recurves limbs that is just as nice. My longbow is much quieter even though it’s 8-9 lb heavier draw weight then the wolverine shooting the same arrow.

The riser in the coyote is much thinner then the fxt. Both of my have his 6 pak grip but the coyote fits my smaller hands better. Can’t go wrong with any of South’s bow, he’s the best in the business imo.
What is the 6 pak grip?

jesse1004

FNG
Right on! Mind me asking when you ordered your bow? I put in a work order may 3rd and I'm wondering if I'll get it before elk/deer season. Was told about 4 months so it'll be close. But I don't want to harass south over it either, he's one busy guy

Actually I ordered a stock bow so it was already made. Just happened to have what I was looking for on the shelf. He is just adding a second set of limbs to it for me. When I talked to him he did say he was busy! Wish I had a better update for you.

jesse1004

FNG
Thanks for the reply. Glad that worked out for ya. Almost bought a stock bow myself AFTER putting in an order. But I made the mistake of taking my wife with me to his shop. She almost had an anxiety attack when she heard the price, can't imagine what she'd do if she seen 2 packages from Estes park show up to the house

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone here speak to South’s Jager grip? How it compares to the actual Jager grip you might put on an ILF bow? I’m leaning towards a Wolverine but don’t want to commit unless I know the grip will work for me.

South has excellent qualities which include, among others, he's knowledgeable, nice, and builds great stick bows. You can't go wrong if you deal with South (coming from someone who has hunted with traditional bows long before compounds had been invented).

sneaky

"DADDY"
Can anyone here speak to South’s Jager grip? How it compares to the actual Jager grip you might put on an ILF bow? I’m leaning towards a Wolverine but don’t want to commit unless I know the grip will work for me.
Have you called and talked to him? They'll send a demo bow with that grip to you for a deposit and you can see if it works for you or not. He'll also modify your handle til it works. That should be your first step, contacting him.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Have you called and talked to him? They'll send a demo bow with that grip to you for a deposit and you can see if it works for you or not. He'll also modify your handle til it works. That should be your first step, contacting him.
Okay I’ll do that! I had sent him a few emails but I’m sure he’s super busy.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, better catch him before season cranks up in CO or you may be waiting a while.
I’m in no rush on this one, want to make sure it’s perfect. Have the bow dialed for this year.. I’m thinking for next year!

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
His is an exact copy. I have his Yeager grip on one of my wolverine fxt and had him stipple it as well. It’s a very consistent and repeatable grip. I aurally like his personal six pack grip a tad better, but the Yeager grip would be my second choice.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
His is an exact copy. I have his Yeager grip on one of my wolverine fxt and had him stipple it as well. It’s a very consistent and repeatable grip. I aurally like his personal six pack grip a tad better, but the Yeager grip would be my second choice.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I’m going to see if he has a demo wolverine with a Jager or his six pack. And then get one to my specs post hunting season.