Stalker Stickbows????

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
15F2F350-A947-45EC-866B-663088BE332E.jpeg
8563FC72-1445-4927-A013-1397D83FBFF3.jpeg

Before and after. The chrome bolts South uses are prolly the only complaint I have about his bows. Will it ever matter in a hunting situation, I highly doubt it. Do I have ocd and wanted it fixed, absolutely!

It’s crazy how such a small change totally changed the look of the bow. I also added a set to my wolverine fxt recurve.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 446468
View attachment 446471

Before and after. The chrome bolts South uses are prolly the only complaint I have about his bows. Will it ever matter in a hunting situation, I highly doubt it. Do I have ocd and wanted it fixed, absolutely!

It’s crazy how such a small change totally changed the look of the bow. I also added a set to my wolverine fxt recurve.
I was thinking on asking him to do the same on the wolverine I’m going to order up! That looks awesome

View attachment 446468
View attachment 446471

I think he makes an antler bolts that looks sweet i place of the chome bolts. $40

Last edited:

Afhunter1

WKR
View attachment 446468
View attachment 446471

I actually did have it scare an elk away. I was drawing on a spike and I actually saw the flash go across his face at like 12yds. He ran and I didn’t get another chance to fill my tag that trip. I couldn’t figure out what flashed the elk until I looked over all my equip and found those were the only shiny thing I could find.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I actually did have it scare an elk away. I was drawing on a spike and I actually saw the flash go across his face at like 12yds. He ran and I didn’t get another chance to fill my tag that trip. I couldn’t figure out what flashed the elk until I looked over all my equip and found those were the only shiny thing I could find.
That’s what I mean. When I was in Wyoming spot and staking last year I had visions in my head of deer seeing the chrome while I was stalking around.

For the guys that were wondering I ordered these from Bingham projects online. They are a Boyer supply company. Had to cut 1/4 off each bolt since they were longer then the ones south uses. Super easy and I’m very happy with how they turned out. As far as I know he doesn’t offer a black option but he needs too.

Afhunter1

WKR
That’s what I mean. When I was in Wyoming spot and staking last year I had visions in my head of deer seeing the chrome while I was stalking around.

For the guys that were wondering I ordered these from Bingham projects online. They are a Boyer supply company. Had to cut 1/4 off each bolt since they were longer then the ones south uses. Super easy and I’m very happy with how they turned out. As far as I know he doesn’t offer a black option but he needs too.
Yup. I changed mine from another bow I had here.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Could have been shine off of the limb finish. My stainless bolts have never flashed, but if the sun hits any sprayed on finish just right you can get glare off of it. Even the matte finishes to a degree.

View attachment 446468
View attachment 446471

Where did you get those bolts from?

Could have been shine off of the limb finish. My stainless bolts have never flashed, but if the sun hits any sprayed on finish just right you can get glare off of it. Even the matte finishes to a degree.
You can also use sniper tape. Not as neat and tidy obviously, but it works well.

After reading this thread it's absolutely sealed the deal for me for buying a bow from South.
As a self employed person I know the type of effort it can take to do the physical work and communicate with clients and potential clients along the way.
The type of praise and criticism that I've read in this thread shows South puts the work in and then some for his business and his clients.
His craftsmanship certainly looks first-class from afar, to.

I received my new jackal yesterday and got to play with it some. I got her braced up and letting the string stretch. 60 inch 48lbs ACS limbs. Stabilized mango and G10. Spalted mango for the limbs.

b2bfc1c4ced4e3bc2c59ac9fd1d9eee6.jpg

d933c8e6ff47a4b33b195e1e0dad9dde.jpg

430b10645ff00a00fe442018461d222e.jpg

af69877a6896c10138b7b662ae227283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk