Stolen pack.

Crime rate has exploded here in the four corners area. Lots of meth heads and all the hemp farms around Shiprock don’t help. A friend of mine had his truck stolen from his driveway a few months ago. This is in really really sleepy Kirtland, NM. It really stinks!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Sorry that happened. Having things get stolen makes me pretty mad. A buddy just had his Exo Mountain K3 6400 stolen while he was stalking mull deer in CO. It was only packed for the day, but he still lost about $1200 in gear, not to mention being on the trail with only his bow and the cloths on his back.

Edit: see post below, turns out it was not stolen.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Sorry that happened. Having things get stolen makes me pretty mad. A buddy just had his Exo Mountain K3 6400 stolen while he was stalking mull deer in CO. It was only packed for the day, but he still lost about $1200 in gear, not to mention being on the trail with only his bow and the cloths on his back.
Damn dude. People are so shitty sometimes.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Not really applicable to this thread, but as I posted about it I figured I would update. Sorry OP, I know this does you no good.

Turns out my buddy had his pack returned. He searched the area for 3 days and did not find it. However, another hunter found it (right where he had left it), figured he was on a stalk and did not touch it, two days later that hunter came back and seeing the pack was still there hauled it out and got a hold of my friend (I'm guessing through the inReach that was in it). Anyway, my friend is rather embarrassed over the ordeal, suspects living at sea level and hunting at around 13,000 feet contributed to it as well as gassing himself on a much longer stalk than he expected. He had dropped a GPS waypoint and left it beside a land mark he figured would be easy to spot. At least he found his boots and did not have to walk out in stalking shoes.

So, rather than an example of how shitty people are it is an example of how awesome some people can be (and a lesson in other things). My friend offered the guy $500 or to keep the pack as a reward.