Suppressed Weapons System Rifle?

joelbiltz

WKR
Does anyone actually own one? I have recently been very pleased with shooting suppressed bolt action hunting rifles. But of course the drawbacks of added barrel length, weight, and the overall ugliness it makes the rifle that I do not care for. Today I came across Suppressed Weapons systems. They build integrally suppressed bolt guns and I’m very intrigued! They will build them to suite your needs. Question is are they working well? Are they quiet as they should be? Are you able to get typical velocities out of them? And is the accuracy outstanding on them? If you own one please respond and post pictures if you do? Thanks. Joel.

SBR Sarge

FNG
Hey Joel,

I just saa this older thread. I just posted in another thread about SWS rifles.

Here’s what I posted about our department ARs….

I’m glad I stumbled on this thread.

I have a decent amount of trigger time on five of their complete 5.56 guns that my department bought a few years ago. I have no complaints. Our guys love them.

Accuracy (well, precision, but you know…)
When we first got them I shot them with a scope and I remember they were about 1.5 to 2 moa guns, but I used duty ammo and ball ammo not my good target stuff. The T&E guns we had before buying were a 556 and a 300blk. I did shoot these with some better ammo and got moa groups from both. That was a few years ago and I do not recall what ammo I used. As for their promise of moa groups, I think they are honest.

Balance
These guns balance better than my traditional SBR/suppressor combinations. There does not seem to be near the front-heavy feel that my Noveske has when I screw a can on it.

Complaints
The troops commented on the gas-in-the-face issue that most all suppressed guns have. It is about like my Omega 300, maybe a bit less. In other words, it isn’t nearly as bad as other guns I’ve shot. I want to add gas-buster charge handles and see what happens, just gotta get the boss to OK the money.

Quietness
They seem every bit as quiet as my SBR with either my Omega 300 or my 762-SDN-6.

Reliability
These run like clocks. We use Federal LE223T3 duty loads and for practice we use whatever ball ammo we can the cheapest.

All in all, I llike our guns very much.