Suppressor in thick stuff

I don’t really care what it looks like too much. After talking with the shop I am leaning towards the single wall vs double wall like the ultra 7. Sucks that the Q guy sounds like such a dick. Also sounds like he knows what he’s doing.
As a general question, why does single vs double walled matter to you?

Last edited:
OP
G

Gli_ryan

FNG
maximize internal volume is why I’m leaning that way. I can’t figure out how a double walled can would have more structural integrity since they would be welded on the ends. I’ll run a can cover, so a single wall will be protected externally somewhat.

Been reading about the drama, and for christs sake they all sound like ass holes. No company is free from it. I consider myself easy going and like to be around those kind of folks, and every one of the companies I was considering has a black eye or two.

In NZ you can purchase whatever suppressor you feel like

I quit running one for normal hunting operations.

Scarcity makes the heart grow fonder.

maximize internal volume is why I’m leaning that way. I can’t figure out how a double walled can would have more structural integrity since they would be welded on the ends. I’ll run a can cover, so a single wall will be protected externally somewhat.
Volume is not really the only factor in suppression. Things such as baffle design matter too. And to be honest how many dbs it suppresses is about the 4th most important thing to think about when getting a suppressor.

1. Repeatable POI shift, if there is one.
2. Attachment/mounting method. Dead Air Key-mo system is damn cool, TBAC CB brake, Area 419 mounting system.
3. Weight/length
4. db suppression

Oh and this is out of left field but I'll pass it on anyway. Back when I was figuring out which suppressor to buy first, people told me to pick up a suppressor for a .22lr first because it'll get by far the most usage. They were absolutely correct and I'd highly encourage everyone to get one as their first suppressor. That's assuming you don't already have one but just passing it along. I now have one .22lr suppressor and 4 centerfire suppressors so I've got the addiction.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gli_ryan

FNG
lots to consider. I’ll have to see what’s even possible right now what with the local suppressors being in a different state and the silencershop being out of everything.

OP
G

Gli_ryan

FNG
Just got off the phone with tbac. The dominus sounds like it’ll be the suppressor I purchase. Need to wait a couple months still though.

not going to lie though, Q's marketing is pretty good.

Attachments

• B44BC670-9979-4701-9A9D-245B8495CA41.jpeg
    B44BC670-9979-4701-9A9D-245B8495CA41.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 21
Just got off the phone with tbac. The dominus sounds like it’ll be the suppressor I purchase. Need to wait a couple months still though.

not going to lie though, Q's marketing is pretty good.
I'll probably end up grabbing a Dominus at some point too. I already have the whole Ultra lineup and a 22-Takedown from them though. No regrets at all, from just general shooting to hunting with them.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Yep I have the ultra-9 from TBAC and really like it, wish it was shorter for the 26 inch barreled gun. But have a dominus or a 22 silencer on my wish list. Everything about TBAC has been top notch, the only complaint I would have is they get back logged at times and if you need a brake or flash hider there can be a wait. (I have just bought brakes or flash hiders for all my guns then just have to screw on the can).