Few Final Suppressor Questions

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Xeno brakes on my AR platform rifles. Love the Xeno system for the rifles I actually use QD’s on. 100% recommend. It gives me the versatility to run them naked and still get great control to put quick follow ups on target.

Last edited:
OP
B

bonepoint

FNG
As these TI suppressors get lighter and lighter, are they starting to lose their durability for use as a hunting rifle? Just wondering if this is at all an issue as they fight for as light as possible.

It looks like AB is running a deal right where the Raptor comes with a free .22 suppressor.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
As these TI suppressors get lighter and lighter, are they starting to lose their durability for use as a hunting rifle? Just wondering if this is at all an issue as they fight for as light as possible.

It looks like AB is running a deal right where the Raptor comes with a free .22 suppressor.
On the off chance you drop and damage it, any of the majors will fix it up for you no questions, but it would have to be a significant impact. Customer relations is still strong in the industry. Ti is really only limited with sustained fire. Today’s cans will get you about 30-60 rounds of fast paced 5.56 before they thermal out and you have to rest them. If you hit that volume chasing game, you either need to hit the range, or shoot me a line so I can get into that kind of action.

As to manufacturer, personally, unless it’s Dead Air, SilencerCo, or TBAC I don’t bother. They make the best performing products and have the size and longevity to stand behind a product that, because of stupid federal regulation, is basically a lifetime purchase.

Quick question, what thread locker do ya'll use that have QD brakes? I've heard Rocksett is a great option, but it costs as much to ship from Amazon ($19).

OP
B

bonepoint

FNG
Thanks for all of the info and help. I found a few more resources, and decided to get Scythe-Ti on order today to go onto a Fierce Rogue Carbon 7 PRC with a 20" barrel. The dealer said that last names starting with H, I, or J had been clearing within 30 days for some reason, so my fingers are crossed I won't have to wait the 9 months that seems common.

Thanks for all of the info and help. I found a few more resources, and decided to get Scythe-Ti on order today to go onto a Fierce Rogue Carbon 7 PRC with a 20" barrel. The dealer said that last names starting with H, I, or J had been clearing within 30 days for some reason, so my fingers are crossed I won't have to wait the 9 months that seems common.

Your dealer fed you a line of BS. The wait times are coming down a bit, but you are still at the mercy of both the ATF and the FBI (who does the background checks), so who actually knows?

i would say 6-8 months should be where you land.

I just had my trust restated, so I had to go through my inventory, and I was forced to face the fact that I have 18 suppressors and a few other NFA items. Of those cans, 8 are what I would consider big game hunting cans. Two of those are Q , and they are great products. Kevin Brittingham has pissed off a ton of people, but I think the industry kind of draws those type of personalities, doesn't mean the product isn't amazing.

As an example, I swore off Silencerco years ago after a really poor personal customer service experience with them. They also royally pissed off thousands of people with their poor handling of their first BOGO event. Griffin made some people mad with comments they made, and their customer service is difficult at best. Dead Air is currently completely failing to repair defective Sierra 5 cans with people waiting over 175 days with no timeline for completion. If you look back, most can companies have somebody that hates them, and usually for good reason.

I have a TBAC 22 can, and it is the best 22 can I own, just beautifully made and sounds amazing. Honestly, their centerfire cans just didn't fit into what I needed, and I didn't like their mount system. I'm now in the market for the ultimate lightweight hunting can, and I also settled on a Scythe being the next one, it fits my needs. The hunting and precision shooting communities are pretty closed in their can recommendations, and there are a ton of awesome cans out there that people are missing out on. Those still stuck on direct thread mounting are missing out on the many advantages of taper mounts for no real strong reason.

Hopefully your wait time is short, but plan on 10 months.

fwafwow

WKR
I was told last night that the ATF has just done something that will supposedly shorten approval times dramatically. Any truth to that?

fwafwow

WKR
What did they do?
I don’t know. The guy who told me mentioned something about reallocation of funds but it didn’t make any sense to me. I will see him again at Thanksgiving dinner and will press for more details, but I was hoping to learn something here.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I watch the times pretty close. Appears (in general not for all) the times have fallen from close to 12 months wait 18months to a year ago. To about 9 months six months ago to closer to 6 months in recent weeks (not talking about batch processing….just general times folks are posting).

So times do appear to be falling. I have some theories on this. One is they are changing their process. The second is with inflation and costs being up…I have to assume many are foregoing their mass suppressor buys, which would obviously help approvals.

Hopefully they keep trending down. Have no excuse/justification for the random folks who are still waiting years…but that isn’t the “norm” right now.

30 days? Lol, riiiiggghhhttttt.

I don’t even think Form 1s are coming back that fast and they don’t process them by name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
B

bonepoint

FNG
30 days? Lol, riiiiggghhhttttt.

I don’t even think Form 1s are coming back that fast and they don’t process them by name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He just said he had a few random ones recently that were approved in 30 days, and the only thing in common was that their last names all started with H, I, or J (assuming that approvals were being assigned alphebetically). He wasn't guaranteeing me anything, just said it was weird and maybe I would also get lucky. But otherwise looking to assume 9 months.

DanP

FNG
I don't know anything about Q's owner but I have a Thunder Chicken and it is very quiet, very light, and does not change my POI.