Suppressors

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used silencer shop for my first can which I recently got, I went to a local store with a kiosk to do my finger printing and filled out the forms in my silencer shop account and set up a single item NFA trust for that can. I ordered in early March and got it late Oct.

"Any pros/cons to them? " Pro, they knock back some recoil and don't make it LOUD like a brake does. Cons: cost, wait time, length. So with that last one in mind, consider shortening barrels when you get them threaded.

Check out Capital Armory in Austin Texas. They do all the paperwork for you. Will ship to ffl anywhere in the country. I’ve bought two sico omegas from them and have no complaints. I’ve used those cans on everything from 5.56 up to 300 win mag and have never had a problem. Sico also offers military discount which is another reason I chose them.

bpurtz

WKR
After reading some posts I decided to put an order in for my first can with Capitol Armory - I ordered as an individual and will inquire about putting the purchase into an NFA trust. Capitol's website seems to indicate that can be done up until certain forms are submitted.

Interestingly, Silencer Central has a booth at the Pacific Northwest Sportsman's Show in Portland so I stopped by to ask about setting up a trust - I was upfront that I already had the suppressor on order and at that point, the salesman in the booth kind of acted like a jackass.

He said if I already had the purchase initiated as an individual, that I wouldn't be able to subsequently put the suppressor into a trust. He also said that I wouldn't be able to transfer the suppressor through a will and that when I was gone, the unit would have to be sent to the ATF to be destroyed. The salesmans statements contradict even SC website information...

After reading some posts I decided to put an order in for my first can with Capitol Armory - I ordered as an individual and will inquire about putting the purchase into an NFA trust. Capitol's website seems to indicate that can be done up until certain forms are submitted.

Interestingly, Silencer Central has a booth at the Pacific Northwest Sportsman's Show in Portland so I stopped by to ask about setting up a trust - I was upfront that I already had the suppressor on order and at that point, the salesman in the booth kind of acted like a jackass.

He said if I already had the purchase initiated as an individual, that I wouldn't be able to subsequently put the suppressor into a trust. He also said that I wouldn't be able to transfer the suppressor through a will and that when I was gone, the unit would have to be sent to the ATF to be destroyed. The salesmans statements contradict even SC website information...
When you pass away there are forms from the ATF that allow you to transfer your NFA items after your passing. If you keep it as an individual selection it will be processed much quicker than a trust. What suppressor did you end up purchasing?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I want to order a TBAC takedown 22 from Capitol armory, apparently that can mail to residences as well.

My dad just bought a dead air nomad through the Silencer shop kiosk, he said it was easy.

bpurtz

WKR
When you pass away there are forms from the ATF that allow you to transfer your NFA items after your passing. If you keep it as an individual selection it will be processed much quicker than a trust. What suppressor did you end up purchasing?
Thanks for the explanation. I figured there must be a way to transfer - I think the kid in the booth was trying to scare tactic me into canceling my order and move it to him.

I'm in the process of buying a Seekins Havak Element 6.5 PRC so I decided to order the Scythe Ti.

I've got a couple other guns with brakes that it should work with but probably won't be moving it around, but we'll see - maybe I'll get addicted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. I figured there must be a way to transfer - I think the kid in the booth was trying to scare tactic me into canceling my order and move it to him.

I'm in the process of buying a Seekins Havak Element 6.5 PRC so I decided to order the Scythe Ti.

I've got a couple other guns with brakes that it shoukd work with but probably won't be moving it around, but we'll see - maybe I'll get addicted.
Cool. Sounds like a good set up. Just go ahead and plan on being addicted. 😉

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a number of cans in different formats. For hunting, you want a direct thread can. The simple option is to have something like the Gemtech Tracker that uses a fixed 5/8-24 mount. That is fine if it works for your rifles. If you have guns with barrel profiles that are less than 5/8" at the muzzle, you will have to have someone solder or pin and weld on a collar to get it up to 5/8". I have one fixed mount can, and while I like its simplicity, I have several rifles with slimmer barrels, and I don't want to go the collar route.

My Wby Mk V Ultra Lightweight in .30-06 is at the gunsmith bering threaded 1/2-28 at the moment. It has a slim, fluted barrel and weighs less than 6 lbs. I did not want to have to attach a clunky adapter to the front. My Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 300 Win Mag has also been threaded 1/2-28, and I also have a Wby Vanguard in 6.5CM that came from the factory threaded 9/16-24.

In addition to my Tracker, I own a SilencerCo Harvester 30 and just got a SilencerCo Scythe Ti. Both use interchangable direct-thread mounts. I have 5/8-24, 9/16-24, and 1/2-28 mounts for them, and that covers all the bolt guns I want to use them on.

The advantage of direct thread over quick detach in my mind is that it saves weight. The muzzle device and mount for a QD system are usually fairly chunky and made of steel because they are designed for rapid or full auto fire on tactical type rifles. I have some cans that use that style of attachment, but they are for my AR's. For hunting, I prefer direct thread.

I have used silencershop and my local
Dealer. I prefer my local dealer
As they were much quicker and streamlined. Silencer shop took a month or so
To finalize my paperwork. And then it
Took a Month or 2 for the SilencerShop dealer to certify me. Waste of time. When I used mile high shooting I was Certified Right there.

If you want it for hunting I’d get a Thunderbeast. They are the gold
Standard.

QD tends to add cost (to put an adapter on multiple rifles) and weight. TBAC cb system seems to be about a wash on weight but they don’t give the adapters away.

I have used silencershop and my local
Dealer. I prefer my local dealer
As they were much quicker and streamlined. Silencer shop took a month or so
To finalize my paperwork. And then it
Took a Month or 2 for the SilencerShop dealer to certify me. Waste of time. When I used mile high shooting I was Certified Right there.

If you want it for hunting I’d get a Thunderbeast. They are the gold
Standard.
Mile High is who I use as well. My buddy almost missed having can last hunting season because SS took forever to officially file the paperwork.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I guess I got lucky with silencer shop. My eform was received by the atf the day I submitted it through my local dealer. Suppressor is sitting at my dealer waiting for approval.