Swarovski 85 vs 95 with BTX in low light

Personally I’d get the 95 over the 85 if I was picking between the two….. I work for a living also but have both the 65 and 95 and my go to is the 95. I’ll pack the 65 but you get more magnification and light with the 95.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really most guys buy (2)multi thousand dollar spotting scope optics?

Some of us work for a living.

But I like to buy one. The 85mm seems like the a decent compromise between 115 and 65.
I was saying that most guys that buy more than 1 objective, as that is a system scope, buy the 65mm and 95mm. Not that most guys buy 2 objectives.

Perhaps I should have worded it as:
Guys who buy more than 1 objective get the 65mm and 95mm.

Yes, for 1 objective the 85mm is a great way to go.

Really most guys buy (2)multi thousand dollar spotting scope optics?

Some of us work for a living.

But I like to buy one. The 85mm seems like the a decent compromise between 115 and 65.

The 65 is about $1k.

By the time you get an ATX, 95, and BTX you're in the scope for $7.5k before you've looked at a tripod. Tacking $1k onto a system you'll have forever is probably more common than you'd think.

RMB518

FNG
Well I stand corrected. I hadn't realized how many folks are getting 7-9k deep in glass.

I just bought one. Im pumped just to have one. As you stated its a lifetime purchase some maybe someday Ill be able to justify more bits for it!

I feel privileged to own a fancy spotting scope. I've historically been fairly successful with some inexpensive binoculars maybe Ill be able to get on something "trophy worthy" with it.