Swarovski ATX 85 Spotter coming

Hey Matt, when you review this will you have any standards to compare to side by side, other swaro's or those meopta's etc? Or do you just review one at a time without comparing to other glass available etc.?

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Matt, when you review this will you have any standards to compare to side by side, other swaro's or those meopta's etc? Or do you just review one at a time without comparing to other glass available etc.?

I always prefer side-by-side comparisons.

Actually Stinky, it looks like I will soon have the Kowa Prominar 88 w/ the new Prominar 25-60 WA eyepiece for evaluation!

How's that for apples-to-apples. ;)

I always prefer side-by-side comparisons.

Actually Stinky, it looks like I will soon have the Kowa Prominar 88 w/ the new Prominar 25-60 WA eyepiece for evaluation!

How's that for apples-to-apples. ;)

A dream showdown, I'd almost fly down to spend a day looking thru those with ya! Awesome, cannot wait for this one! Will u be solo or throw a small panel of killers behind them for rankings etc?

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
A dream showdown, I'd almost fly down to spend a day looking thru those with ya! Awesome, cannot wait for this one! Will u be solo or throw a small panel of killers behind them for rankings etc?

Let me know when I need to pick you up at the airport, Stinky!

I will surely be letting others take a look through them for their impressions. Typically, my hunting buddies fill the role.

Still this review will be mostly my own evaluation of optical qualities (resolution, brightness, contrast, depth of field, etc.) though, as I have never really liked the "beauty contest" type reviews with 8 guys taking turns looking through a few optics to find out which one they like better.

shaun

WKR
If you need an ATM 85 hd to sxs compare let me know I don't mine whoring her out for research haha

Bearen09

FNG
Yep it is an awesome pice.. I went with both the 65mm and the 85mm. Depending on how long I go in for..
It does weigh a little more but the clarity is unreal..

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
If you need an ATM 85 hd to sxs compare let me know I don't mine whoring her out for research haha

Actually I will have to see if I can find an ATM(S) to compare. I am sure there are lots of Swaro owners that are wondering what the differences are, to help decide if they should upgrade.

Let me know when I need to pick you up at the airport, Stinky!

I will surely be letting others take a look through them for their impressions. Typically, my hunting buddies fill the role.

Still this review will be mostly my own evaluation of optical qualities (resolution, brightness, contrast, depth of field, etc.) though, as I have never really liked the "beauty contest" type reviews with 8 guys taking turns looking through a few optics to find out which one they like better.

Exactly the answer I was hoping for/expecting, I have confidence I'll be able to learn more from yor review than possibly flying down and seeing for myself, it would make for a fun weekend tho and if I wasn't picking and scratching to book every day off I could to hunt sheep each year I would absolutely fly down to hang with another gear addict. Rain check.
This will be one seriously anticipated review. I'll be glued to the optics section awaiting.

And wow Bearen, u weren't kidding u just dropped some coin on swaro! We could certainly get together and do one now also as the ATM 65 wide angle is in family and and the other ATM hd 65 20-60x is a phone call away, we could maybe get some resolution charts and other ideas and spend a day with a few freshies and compare the living sheet out of the old swaro to new and throw the kowa 66 in the mix too. This gear addiction stuff so much fun but so damn pricey.

shaun

WKR
Actually I will have to see if I can find an ATM(S) to compare. I am sure there are lots of Swaro owners that are wondering what the differences are, to help decide if they should upgrade.

Ill shoot you a pm. I don't mind sendin her out to you if you would like buddy