Swarovski EL 10x42 worth the cost?

Phone Guy

FNG
I am on a mission to find the best deal for Swarovski EL 10x42 binoculars. Any advice and are they worth it?

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I am on a mission to find the best deal for Swarovski EL 10x42 binoculars. Any advice and are they worth it?

This link is for EL Ranges but if you keep an eye on eurooptic.com, opticsplanet.com, milehighshooting.com you might be able to get a great deal on a demo. Also, don’t forget to call the guys at camerland. They are a Rokslide sponsor and sounds like Doug is great to work with. Good luck.

If buying new call cameraland. I did and got a good price. I then sent them to outdoorsmans and had a stud pressed in.
I have owned leica meopta and even the newest slc hds. These els are the best I have owned.

If you are patient the newest version Els can be had used for around 1800. If you can find a set with a stud you have about a $150 bonus.

Yes the ELs are worth it. If buying new, call Doug. Used can be had reasonably cheap if you watch the optics classifieds.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
I'd personally buy the SLCs. Don't have to send them in for a stud install either. They ELs may or may not be better but the difference is so negligible.

i Have slc 10 and el 12x. Even at 12x, the EL has more sharp area in the field of view. I can just leave them sitting still and scan for movement within the field of view. The slc are awesome and I love how light and compact they are but the ELs are just another beast.

Afhunter1

WKR
If you do the Cabela's gift cards from raise.com and use Activejunky.com you can usually line up about 20-25% off new products at Cabela's. Also, if you have the Cabela's credit card and wait for a 10% day you can snag your EL's for 30-35% off.

$2,689 retail
- 268.9 10% club day
$2,420
- 2,400 pd in raise.com online gift cards (actual cost today $2,131.20 for a savings of 268.8) 11.2% off 100
$20 charged to Cabela's card to use 10% off day

If you link through Activejunky.com to make this order then you will get $268.9 back as a rebate in ~ 90days

Total EL cost: $1,882.40

It sounds like a lot of work but I could make this work in 10 min. If you don't have a Cabela's card you could buy them today for $2,151.30.

I have done this so much my head hurts when I look back at what I've spent but I got some top shelf stuff for cheap this way. After Christmas I'm buying a Kodiak tent next!

I don't know how long this will stay this way but It has worked for a few years like this. Also sometimes active junky is 5% back and sometime it's 15% so you just have to wait your deal out.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Afhunter1

WKR
I forgot to add that if you buy your raise.com gift cards on your Cabela's visa you will also earn club bucks for that purchase so tack on another 24 dollars you can use for free stuff at Cabela's!

Just running the numbers quick $1,799.99 slc 10x42 would be 1,258.65 brand new!

Last edited:
If your talking the ranges. I personally did not like them. Glass is amazing of course. But i had a hard time seeing the range retical. A friend of mine gas them and loves them.

OP
P

Phone Guy

FNG
If buying new call cameraland. I did and got a good price. I then sent them to outdoorsmans and had a stud pressed in.
I have owned leica meopta and even the newest slc hds. These els are the best I have owned.

If you are patient the newest version Els can be had used for around 1800. If you can find a set with a stud you have about a $150 bonus.
What is the Stud for?

rodney482

WKR
Sales tax?

If you do the Cabela's gift cards from raise.com and use Activejunky.com you can usually line up about 20-25% off new products at Cabela's. Also, if you have the Cabela's credit card and wait for a 10% day you can snag your EL's for 30-35% off.

$2,689 retail
- 268.9 10% club day
$2,420
- 2,400 pd in raise.com online gift cards (actual cost today $2,131.20 for a savings of 268.8) 11.2% off 100
$20 charged to Cabela's card to use 10% off day

If you link through Activejunky.com to make this order then you will get $268.9 back as a rebate in ~ 90days

Total EL cost: $1,882.40

It sounds like a lot of work but I could make this work in 10 min. If you don't have a Cabela's card you could buy them today for $2,151.30.

I have done this so much my head hurts when I look back at what I've spent but I got some top shelf stuff for cheap this way. After Christmas I'm buying a Kodiak tent next!

I don't know how long this will stay this way but It has worked for a few years like this. Also sometimes active junky is 5% back and sometime it's 15% so you just have to wait your deal out.

Good Luck!

Trial153

WKR
I am going against the grain here.
In 10x42 I like the SLCs better than els. Owned them both and side by side off tripods I couldnt see enough of a difference to justify the cost difference. The 50mm Els ( in 12x) and 32 mm ...another story and I own them all.