Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 Vs EL 12x50

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You can see WELL past any legal shooting light with 12x42 NLs. If it were two minutes less than the 12x50s, I would be shocked.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
It’s funny the folks bringing up and or trying to convince you to step down to 10’s when the post is clearly just asking about 12’s. Never fails. With that being said I’d personally get the EL’s. They’re crazy good imo

OP
C
Seems to be personal preference. I went to cabelas last night and got to hold and look through both of them. Of course you can’t tell much looking through them in the store but the fit and feel definitely went to the Pures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
So I’m upgrading from maven B5 Binos and those weigh a ton so I’m use to the weight around my neck. I’m stuck between these 2 because I want 12x. I live in CO and hunt elk and mule deer and usually my glassing is 500-1000 yards away. I will be pairing it with my ATX 95mm. How much better are the EL over the NL for lowlight?

I have not seen the 12x NL, or compared 10x42 NL side by side to the 12x50 EL.

I can tell you those EL12x50's are breathtaking on first look....it was shocking to me, really and that was compared to my 10x SLC's. My bet is that you will be happy with either.

My guide buddy that spends 300 days a year scouting and guiding in open country always has the 12x50EL and says its the best Bino made [though he doesn't have the NL and has no plans to upgrade]

It's hard to argue against that 12x50EL being the best all around Bino for guys hunting open country if the extra weight doesn't bother you.

ChrisAU

WKR
I wish some more companies would jump on the 12x42 train. I think for Western hunting on a tripod they are the bees knees.

OP
C
I ended up ordering the NL Pures. I’ll be happy once they get here!

NDGuy

WKR
I'm torn between the two. But coming from a guy that hasn't had primo glass before, I think the ELs are probably where I am leaning for the cost savings. Think Scheels will have them discounted this weekend too around 2k new.

mrroughit

FNG
Just sold my Swaro SLC 10x42's to upgrade to NL 12x42. I will report back on my experience once I have used them in the field.

I'm torn between the two. But coming from a guy that hasn't had primo glass before, I think the ELs are probably where I am leaning for the cost savings. Think Scheels will have them discounted this weekend too around 2k new.

If you can get new EL 12x50's for a good deal that would be very hard to pass up, I had a set before NL's came out that I used for a couple years and they're excellent. EL's are phenomenal binoculars and if you're talking $1500 more for NL's that's a lot of money and maybe not worth it to most. For the normal price difference of $230 before any discounts the NL's are a no brainer, everything is better about them. I have EL 8.5's and NL 12's and I really wish I spent the extra $700 to get the NL 8x42's instead of the EL's, it's just not worth it to take a fat loss and deal with the headache of selling to upgrade at this point.

NDGuy

WKR
If you can get new EL 12x50's for a good deal that would be very hard to pass up, I had a set before NL's came out that I used for a couple years and they're excellent. EL's are phenomenal binoculars and if you're talking $1500 more for NL's that's a lot of money and maybe not worth it to most. For the normal price difference of $230 before any discounts the NL's are a no brainer, everything is better about them. I have EL 8.5's and NL 12's and I really wish I spent the extra $700 to get the NL 8x42's instead of the EL's, it's just not worth it to take a fat loss and deal with the headache of selling to upgrade at this point.
There is a pair of EL 10x50s for $2500 right now at Scheels….

There is a pair of EL 10x50s for $2500 right now at Scheels….

I'm not sure how that translates into getting those or EL 12X50's for $2000. A lot of retailers are heavily discounting the EL's and they're still not moving due to the NL's because they're just superior binos.

NDGuy

WKR
I'm not sure how that translates into getting those or EL 12X50's for $2000. A lot of retailers are heavily discounting the EL's and they're still not moving due to the NL's because they're just superior binos.
I have $3400 in Scheels gift cards. That's why it translates lol

WoodBow

WKR
I have $3400 in Scheels gift cards. That's why it translates lol
I'm guessing you use that card for all of your expenses and not just at scheels? That's like $57k in charges to get that much in gift cards.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
I'm guessing you use that card for all of your expenses and not just at scheels? That's like $57k in charges to get that much in gift cards.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I get cards for birthdays holidays etc...

I also sold an M1 Garand this year and took store credit.