Swarovski NL Pure Binoculars?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve not seen the tripod attachment mechanism. I’m assuming there is some kind of “foot” integrated and not an extra pin or plate?

The FOV specs on the NLs beat the the lower power versions of the EL and SLCs. The light transmission specs equal that of the SLCs. These are going to be fun to look through! I really hope the color/hue stays on the warm side typical for Swaros. That color works so well in low light hunting.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
I have a feeling there will be no stud style tripod adapter looking at the design. They look like they will use a universal mount. I am sure there will be an outdoorsman style adapter that goes for $300 or so that attaches to the forehead mounting areas and possible combines a mount with the forehead rest. The new NL's look great with a Zeiss SF style to the focuser. I am astonished they are able to get the wide FOV with the 42mm objectives. I think the EL's will still be hard to beat for overall use and hunting. The FOV would have to be really noticeable for me to part with my EL's but without a decent tripod mount I will stay with the EL's. Can't wait to try them out.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
12x42 is a bit of a funny animal. For that power, I'd like to see a larger objective.
Then again, I think 12's in general are a bit of an odd in-between-er.

I would love to see these in a 15x56.

I much prefer the versatility of the 12s for western hunting.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, do they plan to discontinue any of the current lines with the addition of this one?

You can’t cheat the mountain

They said they will not be discontinuing any line of binoculars.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That could be the highest cost per ounce of all the ounces we chase!

I am fat I don't chance ounces....:) But I get your point. But if you're already looking at the ELs the NLs aren't much of a reach. But it's all speculation until we get our grubby hands on NLs to compare.

While I love Swarosvki glass (I have the STS-65 spotting scope), can anyone comment on whether a $3k pair of binoculars is worth it? That just seems like a lot of money to me.

parshal

WKR
...if your already looking at the ELs the NLs aren't much of a reach.

I definitely would be looking at the NLs if I were shopping now. I have 8x32's ELs I've had nearly since they came out. I don't think I'll be getting rid of those. But, the 12x50 ELs I just bought used in December....