Swfa 3-15 milquad or Optika6 as a Nrl22 base class scope

WKR

WKR
Opinions on this scope for use in nrl 22 comps?
I dont have any experience using swfa scopes but the 3-15 looks to be the best option for me.
Can anyone who has time and experience with the 3-15 give me a general run down on functionality and glass clarity.

Also from what I'm seeing the msrp is $699.95...is that correct?

Edit: Also looking at the meopta optika6 3-18 ffp mrad
Looks like it also checks all the boxes, msrp is $899 from what I see.

Last edited:

ShakeDown

WKR
I run a 3-15 on my supressed .22 but do not compete in NRL. It’s a great scope, dependable with plenty of clarity for a rimfire.

I am likely taking it off for a 10x fixed though soon.

C8208DFD-BBD1-48EB-937F-485273F9525C.jpeg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I run a 3-15 on my supressed .22 but do not compete in NRL. It’s a great scope, dependable with plenty of clarity for a rimfire.

I am likely taking it off for a 10x fixed though soon.

View attachment 699953
Does the 3-15 have enough turret travel on a rimfire with say a 30 moa rail to reach out pretty far? And is there a Zero stop?

Let me know if you want to sell the 3-15 when you go to the 10x

Thats good stuff right there man, awesome picture 👍

ShakeDown

WKR
Does the 3-15 have enough turret travel on a rimfire with say a 30 moa rail to reach out pretty far? And is there a Zero stop?

Let me know if you want to sell the 3-15 when you go to the 10x

Thats good stuff right there man, awesome picture 👍
Definitely, I’ve shot out to 200 with mine and imo that is a 1k shot equivalent for a rimfire. I have a 20moa rail on that rifle. LR rimfire is a blast! I think I’m getting about 44” of drop at 200 from SK LR Match ammo.

Sorry, not looking to sell, I’ll probably be moving it to another rifle.

No zero stop but you can add a shim kit aftermarket. That’s what I did with all of my SWFA scopes.

Reactions: WKR
I shoot my 22 out to 400 yds, and the big issue I see with the SWFA is that there doesn't appear to be a rotation indicator and the turret is 5 mils/rev. That's a lot of turret manipulation for a competition setting

BLJ

WKR
I’m not sure what the price limits are for base class, but I would be looking for something with a zero stop. Or in the case of the SWFA making one.
One revolution to much or to little is not fun.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I think its $1300, and the savage b22 fv-sr is $369 msrp, that leaves $931 for a msrp scope.

BLJ

WKR
Of the 2 I like how open the reticle is on the Meopta.
I had a. 3-15 SWFA and think it’s a good scope. But I think the reticle may be better suited for hunting and less for comps. IMO

joeharold

FNG
I just bought one but haven't had a chance to shoot with it much. Where can I get a zero stop for it?

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Of those two scopes, hands down the Meopta.
More magnification, 10mil rev turrets, zero stop, .2mil has tree reticle and capped windage are all advantages individually, combined it's not even close.

As a no frills, reliable field scope SWFA SS scopes are good value, but I would never use one for a competition like NRL/PRS.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only shot a few nrl 22 matches but I have a swfa 3-15 on a tikka T1x that I use when I do.
It’s a pretty sweet little set up. I did put a 20 moa rail on it so I’d have some extra elevation available. I’ve shot steel out to 200 meters (local range has some steel set at meters) quite a bit.
I’ve never had my hands on the meopta but I’ve been more than happy with the swfa.

Dave_S

FNG
I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest this

I know it’s way more magnification than the scopes you asked about, and tbh, I usually find myself in the 10-12 range on most stages. But sometimes it’s nice to be able to really zoom in on some of those smaller targets (the tiny KYL targets for example). Added bonus, you don’t need a spotter to see your holes at 50 and 100 while sighting in. If I’m looking at the right meopta, you’re getting a lot more information out of this reticle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLJ

WKR
I never considered it but if you hunt with a SWFA Mil Quad reticle and you’re viewing the NRL matches as training, I’d say SWFA.
Not sure if that’s the case for you but I know some guys do that.

I don't compete, but use the T1X/SWFA as a Trainer. Shot yesterday. Think you get very improved tracking and reliability with the SWFA. You'll lose brightness and image quality.

I have/had 4+ 3-15s. There are some micro variances. The one I shot yesterday had very finicky parallax. Like 20 yard finicky. Meaning is set to 100 yards (granted the dial numbers are irrelevant) and I was shooting a plate at 146 yards. It would need minor tweaking.

But the ap called fo4 14.43 MOA with Norma TAC-22. And it's right on the plate.

Image is not milky. It's very serviceable. But it's not Leupold POP or bright. If the internal math works out for your application, I think you could spend way more and get way less.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I never considered it but if you hunt with a SWFA Mil Quad reticle and you’re viewing the NRL matches as training, I’d say SWFA.
Not sure if that’s the case for you but I know some guys do that.
I dont, I use nightforce on my hunting rifles. This would be purely for a rimfire competition and training rig.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest this

I know it’s way more magnification than the scopes you asked about, and tbh, I usually find myself in the 10-12 range on most stages. But sometimes it’s nice to be able to really zoom in on some of those smaller targets (the tiny KYL targets for example). Added bonus, you don’t need a spotter to see your holes at 50 and 100 while sighting in. If I’m looking at the right meopta, you’re getting a lot more information out of this reticle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a great find and even better price. Is the price before sale discount the msrp? If so ill probably be buying it. The reticle looks better than the meopta.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

BLJ

WKR
Fair enough. I know they are hit or miss for all of us. I just saw this one cheap and figured I’d throw it out there.

I will say that I’ve had pretty good luck with Bushnell. The price on that Match Pro would make it hard to beat for what you want.