SWFA business model?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Just curious. What other scope manufacturers are you referring to? I get your frustration with not being able to get something you want. But what isn’t on backorder lately? All this anger seems like it could be better focused on the ammunition duopoly that is profiting hugely of increased demand without investing in expanded production. My experience is that most small companies try to make things right. But if you get on the internet with an axe to grind, you become that guy. Big ones don’t give crap about you.
I’ve bought multiple Nightforce and Trijicon scopes recently. No backorders. In my hands in 2 days.

ElPollo

WKR
I’ve bought multiple Nightforce and Trijicon scopes recently. No backorders. In my hands in 2 days.
Both of those companies dwarf SWFA and their scopes cost 2-4 times as much. Point was consider the source. If you want what SWFA sells, you have to deal with that. If you don’t, go buy from the other guys and find something else more worth your time to complain about. So far, in 11 pages there seem to be about 3 people including you who’ve had issues with the company’s products. I’d say, that’s pretty good, especially on a forum known for drop-testing optics and throwing packs off a cliff.

BCD

WKR
I wouldn't buy a 3-15x for a brush/timber gun to begin with, not what it's designed for.
Agree but someone suggested it might work ok for that. I was hoping to use mine for both wooded timber in WI and longer shots out West. I found it to be severely lacking with the faint reticle.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Seems like SWFA 6x42 backorders are getting filled, and they have the MOA-Quad in stock.
I had to call them, tell them what they had in stock, and ask them to fill my order. The rep had no idea. And my old order for the ultralight still shows as pending even though I’ve had the scope in possession for weeks.

So if any of you have orders outstanding, I highly suggest you call them. They are not paying attention. As I suspected, the ship is underway, but there’s nobody at the helm!

I thought I jumped in the 6x fire sale early enough this morning, but had a sneaking suspicion something was wrong when I hadn't received a confirmation email. Called SWFA and got some great info for folks wondering about the 6x or 3-9x.

First, I was able to suss out that both models are shipped to SWFA in batches of 20. Couldn't get an idea of how many batches per scope they were expecting however...

The ETA for the next batch(es) of 6x MQ is AUGUST. Current backorder list is 17

The ETA for the next batch(es)of 3-9x is OCTOBER. Current backorder list is 91.

If you want a 6x for this fall you better be one of the next 3 people to put their name on that 6x backorder list, take your chances in the classifieds/sample list, or quit complaining.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I got an email that the item was back in stock. Probably from a notification that I signed up for. But I never got any sort of email indicating they were filling my back order. I had to call.

260madman

WKR
My point is their idea of “backorder” is a scam. If there were honesty at work, they would just say out of stock. And not offer them for sale until they have plenty of inventory. They are using this BS attempt at “backorder” as a means of inventory management.

No other scope manufacturers play these games.
Maybe they figured Optics Planet had a good business plan and thought they’d try it :rolleyes:.

In the way back machine, SWFA used to have instock product and it wasn’t. Backordered? Same as now just wait and it will ship eventually, maybe. After almost 3 months waiting on an instock scope to ship I canceled the order and got it from Midway in less than a week. This past fall I ordered an instock scope and waited 2 weeks and canceled because god only knows when they’d get around to it.Before their recent issues All of my SWFA brand scopes have shipped immediately and at my door in less than a week.

Hope they get it turned around.

ElPollo

WKR
I had to call them, tell them what they had in stock, and ask them to fill my order. The rep had no idea. And my old order for the ultralight still shows as pending even though I’ve had the scope in possession for weeks.

So if any of you have orders outstanding, I highly suggest you call them. They are not paying attention. As I suspected, the ship is underway, but there’s nobody at the helm!
I’m sure you were somewhere on their list to call. Maybe they were still drawing straws to see who got the honor.

Both of those companies dwarf SWFA and their scopes cost 2-4 times as much. Point was consider the source. If you want what SWFA sells, you have to deal with that. If you don’t, go buy from the other guys and find something else more worth your time to complain about. So far, in 11 pages there seem to be about 3 people including you who’ve had issues with the company’s products. I’d say, that’s pretty good, especially on a forum known for drop-testing optics and throwing packs off a cliff.
Just like most things in life. Pick two: Good, fast, and cheap

SWFA - good and cheap
Nightforce - good and fast

That being said I wouldn’t mind paying a little more if SWFAs were in stock better

Well that really sucks if it's true that no more 3-9s are coming in till October. That pisses me off actually. Batches of 20 every couple of months???? What in the hell kind of business model is that?

I think I'm going to sell one of my 6x's and buy an Athlon Helos 2-12. I don't give a shit if its durable or not. Any scope is better than sitting around with my thumb up my ass waiting on a backorder till winter.