SWFA business model?

BjornF16

WKR
I’ve actually got 3 on back order within a 3 month spread…I’m hoping all three ship 😎

Edit/Update: all 3 shipping plus my 5-20HD!
Now just waiting on my 1-6

Last edited:

fmyth

WKR
I just received shipping notification on my backordered 3x9 so I went online and back ordered a SWFA ultralight and they charged my CC about an hour later. I assume this one is shipping today as well.

Deywalker

FNG
They actually gave me this years Black Friday price
Well shit, I called today to cancel my oldest backorder from September 2021 so I could place a new one at the Christmas prices instead of full price for the scope + other stuff I really don't need/want anymore.

amassi

WKR
They must have gotten a huge shipment.
Warranty replacement from 21, black Friday 3-9 both en route. 3-9 also showing in stock on their webpage

That poor scope was absolutely abused before it pooped the bed. It lived a good life and a death well earned.

Yeah but the point is that it still failed and they do fail. I know of a lot of SWFA's that have failed. Those failures are completely ignored on here though because SWFA's are somehow the prom queen while optics with a sample size of one are poopoo'd because they failed. I just find it funny the brand loyalty is all. SWFA's are great scopes for the $$ but if you didn't know any better you'd think they could survive a direct hit from a nuke the way they're talked about here.

Reactions: OMB

Jakelly

FNG
Yeah but the point is that it still failed and they do fail. I know of a lot of SWFA's that have failed. Those failures are completely ignored on here though because SWFA's are somehow the prom queen while optics with a sample size of one are poopoo'd because they failed. I just find it funny the brand loyalty is all. SWFA's are great scopes for the $$ but if you didn't know any better you'd think they could survive a direct hit from a nuke the way they're talked about here.
Yeah, I’ve had one and heard of others that had problems out of the box. However, you would think that’s an impossibility reading about the brand on forums.

BjornF16

WKR
Yeah but the point is that it still failed and they do fail. I know of a lot of SWFA's that have failed. Those failures are completely ignored on here though because SWFA's are somehow the prom queen while optics with a sample size of one are poopoo'd because they failed.
I’ve never gotten that impression. I think those that tout them say they are more reliable/durable than most scopes but are not immune to failures.

I resisted for a long time (other than the 5-20).

My wish list for improvements would include: capped, low profile windage turret, 1-6 style elevation turret, and illuminated center

Jakelly

FNG
I still tout them. I still think they’re great. They could use a reticle option with a tree. That’s all I’d add to your list.

Yeah, I’ve had one and heard of others that had problems out of the box. However, you would think that’s an impossibility reading about the brand on forums.

I've owned them since they were Tasco branded 20 years ago and will admit I've never had one fail and they have all tracked great, but I know and have seen where a lot of people have had them fail. More so the variables than the fixed but the fixed powers do fail too.

Are you implying that they won't survive a nuke hit?