SWFA website updated; More to come in 2024

Marshfly

WKR
My guess is the website stays just like that until the credit card used for hosting gets declined due to the expiration date being past.

I have zero confidence that we ever see another SWFA scope delivered at this point.

No company survives months with zero product sales. Especially no small company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
My guess is the website stays just like that until the credit card used for hosting gets declined due to the expiration date being past.

I have zero confidence that we ever see another SWFA scope delivered at this point.

No company survives months with zero product sales. Especially no small company.

I hope you are wrong, but I get it. I did my part and purchased a 10x even though I don’t have a rifle for it.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
That's a lot of speculation without much information unless you're privy to inside info.

The company has essentially shutdown and is relaunching under a very different model. If they planned well this is very doable. Even with some hiccups. If they didn't plan well, then you may be right, but I'd say it's a bit early to write their epitaph.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

huh you can still buy scopes right here https://swfa.com/shop-all/

Marshfly

WKR
That's a lot of speculation without much information unless you're privy to inside info.

The company has essentially shutdown and is relaunching under a very different model. If they planned well this is very doable. Even with some hiccups. If they didn't plan well, then you may be right, but I'd say it's a bit early to write their epitaph.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I hope I’m wrong. But failure to have any of the scopes people actually want for the better part of a year is not confidence inspiring.

And let’s say you do get one then it needs a warranty replacement. You’re screwed.

Marshfly

WKR
Most backorders are coming up on a year
That inability is the issue
There dealer old stock of fixed 10, 12,16 and 20 are not important

Exactly. I'd assume those are not being replenished either. You are simply getting what happens to be on the shelf.
I've seen this exact scenario play out time and time again in old businesses.

Maybe SWFA is a “side gig”. The owner got rid of the store front, probably has a more efficient way to run his business and doesn’t necessarily need to sell X number of scopes to stay afloat. Maybe he doesn’t want to or can’t leverage a massive order. I’m sure he/she would love to sell a million of them but it might not fit into the business model.

In any case I hope the best for them and hope they can make some updates/deliver on backorders while keeping the durability up.

Marshfly

WKR
Maybe SWFA is a “side gig”. The owner got rid of the store front, probably has a more efficient way to run his business and doesn’t necessarily need to sell X number of scopes to stay afloat. Maybe he doesn’t want to or can’t leverage a massive order. I’m sure he/she would love to sell a million of them but it might not fit into the business model.

In any case I hope the best for them and hope they can make some updates/deliver on backorders while keeping the durability up.
I've seen that also. I had a customer that was a local hardware store. One of those places that you could walk in and find anything for anything. Super cool to just walk the aisles.

Over the years he built up this huge business behind the scenes supplying breakers and fuses to the marine and offshore oil and gas industry.

His son came into the business and wanted to renew the hardware side of it and make it this awesome little local place instead of the dusty old place it was. The dad never would quite put up the money to do it right. The retail space ended up shutting down after a hurricane pretty much totaled the building. I don't know what happened to the commercial side. The retail had become just a side gig so there was zero point in rebuilding.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently reached out.. no timeline updates. Hopefully when they do show up it’s a high cube container full! My order was February. I did however back order with no timeline.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
They are building a new facility…so I’ve heard. I think that’s why there are so many delays and refocusing going on.

TheCougar

WKR
I emailed and asked them if they are going to have new scopes or are going out of business, then gave them some feedback over the frustrations everyone feels. This was the response I got:

“We do have some new scopes that will be available next year. I have seen some internet talk about our new scopes but there isn't that much information out there and we the employees do not know too much about them until they are released. I am sorry about the delay in getting scopes available but we are trying to get them in stock.”