Switchback XT Fiberglass Damage

MV12356

FNG
Hello all,

As the title says, there's damage to the fiberglass of my used Switchback XT. I accidentally dry fired and derailed the string, and with the current COVID situation I am not able to take it to my local shop.

What are my options?

Thanks,
Marc

Attachments

• IMG_20210110_045507.jpg
    IMG_20210110_045507.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 14

Siggy111

FNG
You need to order a set from a Mathews dealer. Limbs will more then likely be black. Check the cam and idler for damage as well. Depending on the type of dry fire, they, too, may often be bent or stressed. Hopefully this did not happen. Good luck.

4rcgoat

WKR
Best thing to do would be to go over the limbs with a cotton ball and check to confirm it has actually split. Hard to tell in the picture.

Mathews will sell you another set of limbs, you will need to go through a dealer. They have been taking a good while to send them. Might watch eBay, they come up every so often.

Like said above, check for splinters with a cotton ball. It almost looks like it's a damaged edge, not something that would keep me from shooting it. I'm not advising you to shoot it either. I'm saying I would look it over and make the determination on my own, this includes pulling the cams and axles to inspect for damage as well as checking the limbs and string/cable over. That might be something you need a pro shop to do.

OP
M

MV12356

FNG
Thanks for the replies. I emailed my local Mathews dealer, and will update when I hear back.