Switching Mystery Ranch bags on Guide light Mt frame

dmac2681

FNG
I just purchased the Metcalf (with guidelight MT frame) as well as the Pintler (bag only). I want to be able to switch out the bags depending on my situation. I’m not understanding how to completely remove the Metcalf from the frame. Can anyone help? I feel like I’m making this harder than it needs to be!

Ram94

WKR
Undo all the side compression straps, clip that goes around the top of the frame by the shoulder straps, top frame straps, two bottom compression straps and then you'll be able to pull the bag away from the frame. All you need to do next is undo the load shelf straps and they will completely separate.

MR produced videos to show utilization of meat shelf, watch that to the point of separating bag from frame and you are two buckles away.

fwafwow

WKR
And I thought it was just me! I had watched all of the videos and still felt like I was missing something. I finally just did it by trying to figure it out myself. It ends up being easier than you think - and that's coming from a very un-handy guy.

OP
D

dmac2681

FNG
Thanks everyone! Got it figured out with your help. Pretty easy. I feel like an idiot!

Digging this up again--I have a one year old Pintler pack and frame. Can I switch to a different bag (such as the Beartooth 80 bag) on this frame without too much hastle??

chris

CA_Gopher

FNG
Digging this up again--I have a one year old Pintler pack and frame. Can I switch to a different bag (such as the Beartooth 80 bag) on this frame without too much hastle??

chris

I did this exact same process in reverse last year (Took off Beartooth 80 and put on Pintler) and it was very easy to do. Let me know if you have other questions regarding the process or my experience with those two bags.