Talk me into a Seek Outside pack

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have an older BT2 shelter (excellent craftsmanship from SO) and had a Unaweep 4800 for several years....I have now switched to another pack due to the thin belt. I requested a custom belt a few times, never had time for it and then the frame started to squeak......drove me nuts. The pack carried tremendously and I am a simple guy, so one big space is all I need in a bag....but the thin belt (no chance to upgrade or change and squeaking frame).....time to move on. I do believe you will be happy with an SO pack, but unsure of the longevity as I had mine for 3 years and have now moved on. Best of luck in your search!!!
Frame squeak is usually a lubricant issue. I apologize for not being able to get to a thicker belt ... a few have expressed that. We have just been too busy, and while we did have a thicker foam for a bit, it is now gone. Our foams have a progressive compression rating, which is hard to duplicate randomly.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Am not a paid spokes model , but I prefer the belt design on the SO. IME it does not slip compared to the static lumbar pad designs of others.
(FWIW, I have a curved back, with a big hind end and nothing I do will keep the belt from slipping. Have spent the last 4 years training hip flexors and glute medius like it’s squat day in an effort to haul out elk loads with less low back pressure. I feel no pinch from the SO belt whatsoever. Everyone is different, but in my personal former competitive weightlifter experience, hip/glute medius training is ignored unless someone is injured. I ignored them until I walked out 6.5 miles with a relatively light pack out of 70 lbs, and could not walk for a day and a half.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk