Tarps

The Siltarps are nice for sure. One can also use a poly (blue) tarp, though you can get then in a lot of different colors now. A piece of polyethylene (visquene) would work as well. These other options are not as compact or light, but a hole or tear will not make you cry.

530Chukar

WKR
You can always just use a sheet of tyvek to make a tarp in just about any configuration you can imagine for under $20. Perfect for emergency use and some utility purposes such as covering meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with seek outside or kifaru tarps? Is one better than the other?

Nick-D

FNG
I have been looking at this Borah Gear one for awhile now but haven't seen much for reviews. 8.5 oz and only $50 with tie outs

Borah Gear: Ultralight Silnylon Tarps

I use one as an emergency shelter and for bush overnighters during summer. Its light, waterproof and well finished. Really only suitable as a overnight or emergency shelter though as is pretty small. Can pitch low as an A frame and stay dry in some proper rain but its only enough room for lying down. Overall its great for what I use it for and ideal for a lean to or emergency shelter