Team Hunting Elk

cnelk

WKR
Seems like having a 'team' to hunt elk is the thang these days.

If you hunt elk with multiple people, how many are in your 'team'?

Laramie

WKR
We camp together - will be 6 of us this year. Many times we end up hunting 10+ miles from each other. Never more than 3 together for calling. Usually we split into pairs.

A few weeks till my first elk hunt, I think Ill be hunting mostly solo. Ive met a few people through rokslide that may have some time to slip out there with me. I think I just need someone to show me the ropes really. Hunting in the South, you've got family that teaches you. For me, elk hunting going to be mostly research and trial/error. Once I get some experience doing it, maybe Ill prefer solo. If you can find someone you work well with, then 2 would probably be ideal. I worked in a gunner/spotter type situation most of my time in the Marines and theres no doubt 2 people who work well together beats the hell out of 1. 3 or more seems like a crowd to me.

So far hunting solo but trying to hunt with other hunters so o can learn and just enjoy company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
Most days I’m a lone wolf usually when it happens anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i hunt with my buddy Jimmy, his brother Harold is part of the package, and vise versa. although they don't accompany me on my bow hunts, i will go help them on their muzzy hunts. love calling muzzy bulls into bow range. and this is after they've been called too 3 previous hunts. call shy? i don't think so ;) 🏹🏹🏹

We hunt with 5 in our group this year, 1 caller, 1 shooter, 3 cameraman so we can be a YouTube stars. Lol
We do have 5 in the group this year hunting in 2 groups unless someone ventures out buy themselves for the day.
Last hunt was just 3 of us. It was great.
1st year we had 6 people we broke out into 3 groups till we found elk and then just 2 groups.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
We usually hunt a group of 4, splitting into 2 pairs. 1 group on one side of the ridge/drainage and the other the other side. Little easier once they are spotted and you know if 1 group shoots the general direction the heard will go. Worked good 1 time as we went 3/4 on the same heard; 3 nice ones.