The "90 day E Form"

Matt5266

WKR
My most recent supressor Form 4 was approved today. My 90 day E Form took 11 months & 3 weeks. Man that was a long wait. My last one that I did took 9 months. I dont understand why it takes so long. Anyone else having this issue or are you seeing quicker turn around times? Curious because I'm contemplating buying another and wonder what the current trend is.

def90

WKR
Last year the ATF processed 3.5 million NFA firearms and 1.07 million NFA forms..

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
I E-filed my Form 4 last February 8th.....I've called the 3 times and each time they say the same thing...."everything was submitted correctly and it shows pending, please be patient." My buddy that bought 3 suppressors the same exact day had all of his approved several months ago and has been happily using his cans....I hate to sound cynical but come on, its been almost 12 months! Release the dang thing already!

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
I should say mine was approved a few weeks ago, still don't have it in hand.

My eform also took 10 or 11 months. In november i bought another suppressor, and around christmas my form was rejected because they said my debit card was declined, which is bullshit. Plenty of money in there, nobody else has declined it. So after a total of about 5 hours on hold with the atf assholes, i got to talk to somebody and asked if they could just run my card again. Nope, SOL, start over.

For the guys that just got approved, time to buy another one and get the clock started again. You’ll look up in a few months or a year and wish you had. Believe me, this was my experience years ago.

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
My eform also took 10 or 11 months. In november i bought another suppressor, and around christmas my form was rejected because they said my debit card was declined, which is bullshit. Plenty of money in there, nobody else has declined it. So after a total of about 5 hours on hold with the atf assholes, i got to talk to somebody and asked if they could just run my card again. Nope, SOL, start over.
Damn that really sucks!!

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
Last year the ATF processed 3.5 million NFA firearms and 1.07 million NFA forms..

Makes a little more sense now. I had no idea it was that high

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hard to believe that having to wait a year (or even a day) is not considered an "infringement". I consider having to wait 3 days in CO now, just to pick up a gun after the unconstitutional background check to be an infringement. Our governor should have to reimburse us for our gas and time to have to come back to pick up the gun.

TxLite

WKR
I E-filed my Form 4 last February 8th.....I've called the 3 times and each time they say the same thing...."everything was submitted correctly and it shows pending, please be patient." My buddy that bought 3 suppressors the same exact day had all of his approved several months ago and has been happily using his cans....I hate to sound cynical but come on, its been almost 12 months! Release the dang thing already!
Reach out to your representative and have them do an inquiry. It’s an easy process.

TxLite

WKR
None of their wait times make sense. I filed 2 form 1’s 2 days apart. I received one in under 30 days. The other one is still pending at 76 days.

I reached out regarding my form 4 and was told for form 4’s the current average processing times are 225-232 days, excluding weekends and holidays.

And for form 1’s they are running 68-71 days excluding weekends and holidays.

I found this to be interesting because their website says nothing about weekends and holidays, so they are instantly padding their average wait times by several months.

intunegp

WKR
Reach out to your representative and have them do an inquiry. It’s an easy process.

This is the answer. When E-Forms came out the big push was how much faster processing would be. Hold them to their word.