The "90 day E Form"

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
put in march 2023, approved october 2023 - 7 months or so
put in oct 2023...approved dec 2023 - 2 months

in our communications with the ATF our local agent said the delay comes from the ATF handing the background check off to the FBI. there's no requirement the FBI process anything in a timely manner. it eventually comes back to ATF, they approve/disapprove, we get email.

our best guess as to why it can take 4 weeks or 14 months is towards the end of the year, when they need to report their metrics they start processing from both ends of the stack. some of us get lucky when they average in the 2 month approval times with the 14 months....

best advice: just keep buying suppressors and forgetting about dates!

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
put in march 2023, approved october 2023 - 7 months or so
put in oct 2023...approved dec 2023 - 2 months

in our communications with the ATF our local agent said the delay comes from the ATF handing the background check off to the FBI. there's no requirement the FBI process anything in a timely manner. it eventually comes back to ATF, they approve/disapprove, we get email.

our best guess as to why it can take 4 weeks or 14 months is towards the end of the year, when they need to report their metrics they start processing from both ends of the stack. some of us get lucky when they average in the 2 month approval times with the 14 months....

best advice: just keep buying suppressors and forgetting about dates!
Great advice! Thanks

Loo.wii

WKR
My most recent supressor Form 4 was approved today. My 90 day E Form took 11 months & 3 weeks. Man that was a long wait. My last one that I did took 9 months. I dont understand why it takes so long. Anyone else having this issue or are you seeing quicker turn around times? Curious because I'm contemplating buying another and wonder what the current trend is.
My first 9day e form took 75 days. My second and third took about 200 and came and both came in within days of each other. I haven’t applied for a can since sept of 2022

Bluumoon

WKR
Submitted #1 7/22, rejected (gun store screw up) 6/23, resubmitted 7/23 - still waiting
#2 submitted 8/23
#3 submitted 9/23

#2 and #3 out of jail 11/23
#1 still pending

Saw someone post that purchasing a couple close together gets you to the top of a pile, figured I'd give it a shot and what do you know.

Cubby

WKR
All this makes me glad I bought my first can and 5 months later bought 5 more cans and 13 months after I filed for my first one I was approved for all of them, so 13 months later I have all 6 of my cans.

Goody454

FNG
I had a Form-4 suppressor come back in 2-months last year (before “brace amnesty”).

My current Form-4 has been in their hands since May ‘23, and I’ll be happy to get the stamp by May ‘24.