The Combination Effect

Fatcamp

WKR
After 9 months of caring for Covid patients on the verge of death our numbers have dropped way off. It was a surreal time and I am so glad it is over. So emotionally draining having people in your care suffering so much. Was on the verge of tears for months and that is not like me at all. Many of my coworkers struggled in their own ways and it was really obvious we were hurting as a group.

Around Christmas I recommited myself to finding peace and have been avoiding the news for the most part. A bit of NPR and talk radio just to be sure the world isn't actually on fire. Been practicing yoga every day and working out 3 times a week along with improving my diet. These changes have helped considerably.

Sunday night I listened to a cardiologist explain to one of my patients his philosophy on longevity. It all revolved around finding peace within yourself and avoiding stress at all costs. He brought her to tears. It was beautiful and I wish I had been able to record it. I will continue to avoid stress and search for peace withing myself, not because of him, but hearing a man so experienced verify my path sure didn't hurt.

Good luck everyone. Strange times, indeed.

Jc2020

FNG
Definitely strange times we are in. I’m sick of the masks and everything. I will be glad when the guns and ammo get caught back up I’ve got a new rifle I need to do a load work up for but can’t get ammo or reloading supplies.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Grab a good whisky, turn on YouTube, and a favorite artist live in concert. Tonight’s lineup- 1990 Highwayman Live in Nassau

WCB

WKR
Besides some minor disruptions with schedules since we have a 1.5 year old my wife is a teacher and has bounced in and out of the class room with all this B.S. and the rules around daycares and testing etc. Nothing too much has changed. Masks are ridiculous and have been able to get back to going out to restaurants a bit.

I made all my hunts this year and have actually snuck out a bit more during the week since I partially work from home now. Was nice to spend time in ND, SD, MT and WY where people still seem to have a bit of common sense.

I keep up on the news and scan social media but I realize 90% is slanted one way or the other and as anyone can see since the election news has lightened up a bit on the negativity (I wonder why?) I mostly am concerned about the business owners and workers who have been screwed over by their elected officials...like her in MN. I also wonder about the people who are just locking themselves away at this point it seems like indefinitely. I personally think the aftermath mentally for people is going to cause problems in the future.

Overall just living life 99% like I was before.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Add “HOT” to the front of that

😎
Ya, he definitely needs some stipulations on that one. They had a story on the local news the other night about yoga, and after saying "yoga isn't just for tall skinny people", I couldn't get the channel turned fast enough to not see what I saw next. I'm still shuddering.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The bigger issue is we have two parties to choose from.
One or the other.
Not much of a choice.
Most people, I believe, reside in the middle.
The problem is.......the Republican party IS the middle right now. They've all continued to move further left for decades, which now puts the Republicans right smack in the middle of left and right. I've re-registered as an independent because they've all moved way too far away from me.

ewade07

WKR
I dont think my life has changed hardly at all. I guess I bought a house. Other than that its business as usual. Looking forward to some shed hunting in the coming weeks!

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
My life has been pretty great.

Covid caused a lot of things to be cancelled that I would have normally been forced to go to which allowed me to spend more time hunting.

Turkeys will gobbling soon and the fish will be biting s

No, God is in control.....I can rest in that each night. Pray we all make peace with God via his son Jesus Christ and submit our life to him......His Will, His Purpose, His Peace. AMEN!
The thing that scares me though is I feel that there are people in power that either don't have a soul or have sold it to the devil for that power, Mrs. Pelosi!

Brillo

FNG
I am new to this site and this thread has helped me know and appreciate all who responded. I am actually encouraged by your reasoned responses. Not the Neanderthals that hunters are often made out to be. One evidence that a great number of people in the USA are concerned about our situation can be seen in a trip to a local sporting goods store. Who is buying up all the ammo? Is that where we are today? Preparing to resort to lethal force to defend our families and rights? I am afraid so. God help us make wise decisions in unprecedented circumstances.