The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I had some for awhile, I ended up cashing out on a bounce for a small loss. It seems the market is thinking they won’t survive. There’s a link to a few articles on Webull. That’s why I cut my losses and moved on, i don’t want to lose half or all on bankruptcy news. It may be fine, but who knows

I did the same awhile back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I need it to hit .92 to even break even
I don't know how many shares you're holding, but oil WILL HAVE IT'S DAY. Hold fast.
Anyone have any input on GTE? This thing has been a dead horse. .33-.35 is about the max movement. When other oil tickers run this thing sits stagnant. Never really dealt with a stock like this so didn’t know what others thought. Manipulation? Not concerned with debt consolidated into late 2021 but just curious what’s holding this thing in place. Appreciate any input
Yes, GTE (and FET) is always slow to move and I've had my doubts over the months with 10K shares --.40 ish buy in.
I've almost sold several times, but I'm going to hold. Most of what I read is positive. When this vaccine news is solid these stocks are going to fly. I really believe that and intend to profit on it. The Biden factor could be another issue down the line. But for now, there is room for 100%+ profit on a really cheap stock.

This is without question one of the craziest markets in history, and as a new trader I've learned a lot. But I'll go down with the ship with some of these before I sell at a loss.
I did take a loss on VAL a few weeks ago. I really feared losing a sizable investment to possible BK, their numbers are horrendous in spite of the ginormity of that company.
And,.....here VAL still is; and I sold at a loss with zero chance to recover that money.

EastMT

WKR
I don't know how many shares you're holding, but oil WILL HAVE IT'S DAY. Hold fast.

Yes, GTE (and FET) is always slow to move and I've had my doubts over the months with 10K shares --.40 ish buy in.
I've almost sold several times, but I'm going to hold. Most of what I read is positive. When this vaccine news is solid these stocks are going to fly. I really believe that and intend to profit on it. The Biden factor could be another issue down the line. But for now, there is room for 100%+ profit on a really cheap stock.

This is without question one of the craziest markets in history, and as a new trader I've learned a lot. But I'll go down with the ship with some of these before I sell at a loss.
I did take a loss on VAL a few weeks ago. I really feared losing a sizable investment to possible BK, their numbers are horrendous in spite of the ginormity of that company.
And,.....here VAL still is; and I sold at a loss with zero chance to recover that money.

I do think the hold till it comes back is good for decent stocks, good companies. If you are playing pennies I don’t think it’s always the best plan. So many of the old stocks I played are now down 99.9% from 1-2 years ago. Half these covid runners will be the same way in 2 years. Some big company will get a vaccine, the little guys will go back to what they were doing, collecting money by offerings and reverse splits lol.

So the hold till it bounces is a good practice, just not in all situations. I did really well this week on long holds of IBIO, CEMI, AIM, STIM, GENE, and cant remember the others offhand but it was a crazy week after waiting patiently for awhile. I think I’ll order a nice delivery steakhouse burger to my motel tonight after this week. I’m a cheap arse when traveling for work, they give me $55 per day, but I bring ramen and homemade burritos lol. Leaves my per Diem money to put in stocks!

WRO

WKR
HL absolutely killing it lately. Might pick some up if there is even an attractive entry point
It's been steady Eddie for me..

Vaxart bought me a good mule deer hunt yesterday.

Yeah I hopped out early, but the drop back to 7.00 will happen soon and I'll buy back in.

Ibio is my new gun right now, possibly be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Been following along. I believe Im.about to attempt this. What would yall tell me to buy into? And would you help me along tell me when to.sell and what to buy? Till I get to figuring it all out?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Been following along. I believe Im.about to attempt this. What would yall tell me to buy into? And would you help me along tell me when to.sell and what to buy? Till I get to figuring it all out?

You need to paper trade first. TDA offers it on their platform. Losing real money is no fun. Learning to read a candlestick chart is imperative to success imo. I’d suggest doing more reading than what’s on here as well.

You need to paper trade first. TDA offers it on their platform. Losing real money is no fun. Learning to read a candlestick chart is imperative to success imo. I’d suggest doing more reading than what’s on here as well.
What is TDA? I have been reading around yes sir. I will look into the candlestick chart. Thanks for the help

EastMT

WKR

The best advice you’ll ever get, is don’t listen to advice online about stocks.

I agree with above, paper trade or open an account with a couple hundred dollars and focus on buying and making percentages, not how much profit.

Before you buy a stock, have a plan. If it drops 7%, I’m out, if it jumps 20% I’m watching it live ready to sell, that kind of thing. Then follow your plan.

Then monitor your progress by the performance % gain over time, see if you’d be happy with that if you were using 50k. If you lose 30% of $200 practice money, you are out $60 instead of $15k to learn. Learn with little dollars, then once you get over the emotional buying, selling, FOMO, etc increase your fund a bit.

Think poker face emotions when trading, think it through, don’t push your pile in without calculating your odds.

The best advice you’ll ever get, is don’t listen to advice online about stocks.

I agree with above, paper trade or open an account with a couple hundred dollars and focus on buying and making percentages, not how much profit.

Before you buy a stock, have a plan. If it drops 7%, I’m out, if it jumps 20% I’m watching it live ready to sell, that kind of thing. Then follow your plan.

Then monitor your progress by the performance % gain over time, see if you’d be happy with that if you were using 50k. If you lose 30% of $200 practice money, you are out $60 instead of $15k to learn. Learn with little dollars, then once you get over the emotional buying, selling, FOMO, etc increase your fund a bit.

Think poker face emotions when trading, think it through, don’t push your pile in without calculating your odds.

Ok i understand Definitely. I just sold a crazy cow and was gonna invest that to try use

EastMT

WKR
Ok i understand Definitely. I just sold a crazy cow and was gonna invest that to try use

My best stock gains in the last few months have been following MrInvestorPro on stocktwits. His long term holds were some of the ones I listed above. Sometimes he posts a stock and it jumps 10% in 1 min, so if you miss that bounce, that’s where the FOMO kicks in, this is where patience, discipline is needed. Don’t buy at that point, wait for it to settle and dip, if it doesn’t dip wait longer. Sometimes the next day it will dip back to the original point, if it doesn’t dip enough it’s ok to pass it up, there 100 other stocks gaining 10% today, no worries.

No it’s free, there’s a lot of ridiculous people on there, ignore the goofballs, you have to click follow and notify of new posts if you want those to pop up.
Ok i looked it up other day when we Pmd and I was tbinking some these people seem maybe lil off kilter lol

Most the DD I’ve gotten shows positive for the most part. Unfortunately it seems like seeking alpha has a vendetta against this company and their recent article talking of bankruptcy doesn’t help matters. I’m holding strong but more or less curious if I should cost average down or wait it out. Unfortunately holding at .48 a share. Kind of hit my max on shares and didn’t know what others thought. One of those let it ride and see or double down type of scenarios. Haha appreciate any insight

Johnboy

WKR
Most the DD I’ve gotten shows positive for the most part. Unfortunately it seems like seeking alpha has a vendetta against this company and their recent article talking of bankruptcy doesn’t help matters. I’m holding strong but more or less curious if I should cost average down or wait it out. Unfortunately holding at .48 a share. Kind of hit my max on shares and didn’t know what others thought. One of those let it ride and see or double down type of scenarios. Haha appreciate any insight

I was fortunate to but into GTE at .60 a few weeks ago, which helps me to comfortably avoid any temptation to sell at what would currently be a 45% loss. *sigh*

Thankfully, BOXL has carried that heavy bag for me the last few days. Ya win some, ya lose some -- hopefully ya win more than ya lose.

Broomd

WKR
In my experience Seeking Alpha has been wrong on absolutely everything. I joined for a month (free) and more enjoyed the user comments than anything, and even then it was all 'keep your powder dry' bs. Yes, DD and caution are warranted, but I had to wonder how some of those guys make a dime actually trading. Much of this market recovered from March 23rd to June 8th and yes, it's slid back some, but many there probably were too scared to make a single investment.
I ignored everything said and turned 75k into 150K in 2 1/2 months.

Now, full disclosure: I reinvested and those stocks are down right now, but I'm confident that they will be back and likely better than before.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Do u got to have a subscription to stockwits

Sweet Moses, don’t even bother with stock twits. 98% on there are pubescent clowns getting their jolly’s off gambling. If anything use it to see what stocks are trending.

TDA is TD Ameritrade. Their trading platform is Think or Swim and one of the better out there. Maybe not best for beginners but would let you papertrade. Check out Webull and Robinhood for starting out with real money.

Good advice from coop too. Start small and look for % gains not $ gains.

Don’t expect overnight success or get rich quick. It takes work and persistence.

EastMT

WKR
Sweet Moses, don’t even bother with stock twits. 98% on there are pubescent clowns getting their jolly’s off gambling. If anything use it to see what stocks are trending.

TDA is TD Ameritrade. Their trading platform is Think or Swim and one of the better out there. Maybe not best for beginners but would let you papertrade. Check out Webull and Robinhood for starting out with real money.

Good advice from coop too. Start small and look for % gains not $ gains.

Don’t expect overnight success or get rich quick. It takes work and persistence.

Yes stocktwits has a lot of morons, it’s mostly for day/swing traders not investors. The biggest advantage is if you follow the right people you know when stocks start moving fast. I don’t have a scanner or anything like that, so I do notifications on my phone. As soon as stuff is moving I find out, start watching. Sometimes you miss out but so many times I used to find out about 300% runners way after it was done, now I find them when it starts and news is out.

So many times I get a notification, X stock just got FDA approval, boom 100% gain in an hour, stuff like that.

If you are investing, it’s a waste. If you are trading, it can be good if you don’t follow the idiots

Pro953

WKR
“% gains not $ gains.”

This is really one of the best tips for newer traders. Set you loss gain margin in your strategy and stick with it. Folks that trade in dollars are often the ones that get hung up in losses/gains. Once you start breaking your rules by canceling you stop loss or sell orders you are on you way to blowing up your account.

I consider good disciplined trading more like compounding interest. Yes you will hear story’s like Broomed (congrats by the way). But for every one of those is 10 someone’s who went all on a small/mid cap oil or pharma stock looking for 100% gains and instead is dealing with a delisted stock in the pennies.

Another point is you will often here guys on red days saying they are turning it off. I would argue the opposite. I turn it off on Green Day’s. If my trades hit sell orders great, however if you are playing swing trades red days are when you want to dig in and shop. It’s amazing how much you can compound from from really solid company’s just by scalping. Once you get a feel for that, branch out into other trades.

Learn how to properly set your orders. I believe strongly in the Ron Popile Stratagy. Set it and forget it. Pick a stock, take a position and set your entry and exit points then leave it alone. I personally do not average down very often.

Way more than I intended to say. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk