The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR

Thoughts on this? I don't see how prices keep going up with no business profit to back it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree and think it looks a lot like the dot com bubble shooting straight up. If we end up on widespread lockdown, we will have a fast and furious correction. In that case, more opportunity for crazy gains again. Hard to tell what will happen, It’s the craziest market I’ve ever seen. Good news out, stocks drop, bankruptcies everyone races in, craziness

NDGuy

WKR
I agree and think it looks a lot like the dot com bubble shooting straight up. If we end up on widespread lockdown, we will have a fast and furious correction. In that case, more opportunity for crazy gains again. Hard to tell what will happen, It’s the craziest market I’ve ever seen. Good news out, stocks drop, bankruptcies everyone races in, craziness
It's hard to back out due to FOMO but man this train has to derail...right? At least most of us weren't holding cash through April-May haha

Thoughts on this? I don't see how prices keep going up with no business profit to back it.

It doesn't take into account inflation from QE1-QEinfinity and the recent trillions the fed printed.

ipc_united-states_money-supply-m1

stock-market-vs-money-supply.png

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
It does seem like a game of Musical Chairs in names like Tesla.

I think the markets will go into a funk here shortly....the uncertainty of the election being one reason. A Biden presidency will kill the economy and with the huge base of DEM's, its a possibility. [though I cannot imagine]

I typically don't like to sell my long term stuff in taxable accounts, instead just sell covered calls and ride it out in stocks like BABA, GOOG and TCEHY with big gains....but it might be prudent here.

______

CorbLand

WKR
I have transition most of my stuff to long term holds, so if the market crashes it sucks but I can just ride it out. Only have 400 in short term stuff so if it crashes I am not out much. Still have about 3000 sitting on the side line waiting for another dip like March.

Hello, even today you can make a lot of money on short term moves , it is a pretty risky job. A couple of months ago I bought some Amazon stocks, and today I don’t regret it. Because investing in such big companies can be a slower, but it is 80% sure investment ( if you are looking for long term trading operations).

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
Once I pull cash out for another real estate property I'll have some left in my account. Any thoughts on buying up stocks for the dividend while I wait for a big market correction? Or do we think most of not all dividends are either suspended or severely cut for the indefinite future?

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Once I pull cash out for another real estate property I'll have some left in my account. Any thoughts on buying up stocks for the dividend while I wait for a big market correction? Or do we think most of not all dividends are either suspended or severely cut for the indefinite future?

I’ve got some money parked in DIV for the short term. I’ll let you do your own DD on it. IMO you would be better going with a high dividend ETF vs individual equities with a high dividend due to downside risk in times like these. Do a search for low volatility/ high dividend ETFs as well.

One of you experienced guys posted a link to a primer on learning candlesticks. Google has a staggering number of articles but I’d like one that you guys feel is a good one. Could you please repost the link?

Holy Moderna volatility,
I have been throwing out puts/calls all day. Had a day off work.
4 - 100%+ returns. Finally feeling comfortable with options. Trying to capitalize Before a full shutdown happens or an election sell off.
If one can learn debit and credit spreads, you can limit risk to a very tight window. It is however still a risky situation that delivers cash returns quickly.

CorbLand

WKR
Holy Moderna volatility,
4 - 100%+ returns. Finally feeling comfortable with options. Trying to capitalize Before a full shutdown happens or an election sell off.
If one can learn debit and credit spreads, you can limit risk to a very tight window. It is however still a risky situation that delivers cash returns quickly.
My buddy tried to convince me to buy Moderna when it was around 30 a share. Should have listened.

Johnboy

WKR
One of you experienced guys posted a link to a primer on learning candlesticks. Google has a staggering number of articles but I’d like one that you guys feel is a good one. Could you please repost the link?

Here's the one that I used a few months ago to get familiar with them.

Holy Moderna volatility,

Definitley glad I picked some up yesterday
MRNA.png

EastMT

WKR
I didn’t get much done today, finish up work and drive back home. I get to be back in my Reg job, working nights next week! Be much better for stock plays. It’s been a slow few weeks trading, I’m ready to get back into it.

Picked up some LCA last night for a longer hold

Picked up some SINT on this mornings dip. Was down most of the day a few %, up a bit tonight.

Cashed out BBGI, it seems to drop under $2, then rebound for 10-15% here lately.

Cashed CRK out for almost 20% yesterday.