The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

wayoh22

WKR
Of course, my 10k shares hit a stop loss at 1.08 a few days ago before climbing up and up. Sigh... Never fails.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Don't sweat it, this will come back down before it goes back up. Albeit I don't believe it'd come down to that ~$1.10 range but wait for the dip and buy back in if you so choose. Can't win the game if you don't play

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
Unless it is less than 1/share I probably won't. Closed on a other rental house today. That's my long term goal. Playing the marketade me the cash to buy another house, which I'll clear $750+ per month on. Definitely appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge here.

wayoh22

WKR
Unless it is less than 1/share I probably won't. Closed on a other rental house today. That's my long term goal. Playing the marketade me the cash to buy another house, which I'll clear $750+ per month on. Definitely appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge here.

That's awesome congrats, you'll be set up nicely with that.

CorbLand

WKR
Of course, my 10k shares hit a stop loss at 1.08 a few days ago before climbing up and up. Sigh... Never fails.

Same thing happened to me. I have never used a SL with CDEV and decided to throw one on just in case...bad call.

There’s some really eye opening videos and articles about how banks use stop hunts to force day traders out of the markets before moving the market in the direction they want.

This is from a buy I took Tuesday on US30. Market broke the resistance zone. Thats when most people jumped in a buy and set their SL at the next lowest support. Then the banks took it on a stop hunt and took everybody out at that support zone before taking the market up. I waited for it break, retest, and then bought once the 15 minute candle closed above my zone. So I bought on the close of the candle with the arrow. Luckily people WAY smarter than me really hammered this concept home. There’s also exceptions to the rule like yesterday when I sold US30 at an all time high support (every indicator said the market was WAAAAAAY overbought). And my SL was well above that high.

It’s applicable for almost every market on most timeframes. Just something to look into for setting your SL.

Attachments

• ED4441B8-F305-4658-AD03-7BAEC0588B30.jpeg
    ED4441B8-F305-4658-AD03-7BAEC0588B30.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 43

Okhotnik

WKR
I see 2.21 as next CDEV milestone...time will tell. Now if we could get damn GTE off the toilet for a ,50 run. With 20K shares that would be $10K.....
GTE's been frustrating. Still holding on to it for a decent return. Boy the other energy stocks really broke out today. FTSI, CPE, LPI, FET, AXAS, CDEV killing it the past week

I’m thankfully still holding over 30k shares of CDEV. Did screw up on sndl the other day though. Bought it at 0.38 and sold at 0.49 happy with my $1400 over night flip, only to watch it go on up to 0.97 that day. Can’t win them all I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Tempted to pick up some Nikola
Can I ask, how much do you think you'll pick up? Price target buy/sell? I haven't done DD on NKLA, but it looks like a chitload of bad press and issues, if the co. still has merit, it could be a steal at these prices. This was $75 in June and $18 today.
Thoughts?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I see 2.21 as next CDEV milestone...time will tell. Now if we could get damn GTE off the toilet for a ,50 run. With 20K shares that would be $10K.....
Lets hope so. My average basis is .62 not as good as most of you, but pretty happy with it so far. Tempted to pull orginal investment out of it and let the remainder ride with it just to lock in the wins and not get too greedy....guess we shall see.

Clarktar

WKR
Lets hope so. My average basis is .62 not as good as most of you, but pretty happy with it so far. Tempted to pull orginal investment out of it and let the remainder ride with it just to lock in the wins and not get too greedy....guess we shall see.
Need enough profits for a mini ex!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
What do I need to trade after hours program wise?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mwebs

WKR
Hot takes for the week? I’m bored been trolling stock twists but nothing has been that interesting today