The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Easy to do. We get these things in our heads and can't see straight. I've been holding and waiting for the market to go down. LOL! Doof!
Come on man, look a few pages back! It retraced exactly to the 0.618 on the fib right at $50K and that was your pull back down for entry! If it pulls back much past that, you don't want to get in.

If you're using Robinhood, you don't own bitcoin, you owe a bunch of IOU's. Completely negates one of the core benefits of bitcoin. Not to mention RH is shady as ****. I would avoid. Stick with Coinbase, Gemini, or Kraken.
Big time facts! I go one step further and move it to my Exodus wallet and hold all the private keys. Crypto pirates are getting very smart very fast and the number of horror stories even on exchanges like coinbase are increasing fast. I do keep some crytpo in exchanges but only if they can give me benefits that make the risk worth it. For example staking DOT on Kraken pays out 12% and I earn about 1 DOT every month on top of that.

Are you using bitcoin for anything but an investment? I own bitcoin in both and honestly don't care if it's an IOU or not. I'm not going to buy anything with it, just watch it grow and then sell when it stops
If you have BTC on robinhood, you in fact do not own it. Robinhood has NO crypto holdings. You don't even have a public key to receive or send it. It's an IOU on a bar napkin from a person that doesn't have the money and he gets to keep the IOU in his pocket. It can still disappear on coinbase but at least the guy that wrote the IOU has the money and can show you the bank account it's in. The only way you really own your crypto is if you hold the private keys for them on something like a Ledger.

After the last few months, I wouldn't even trust the folks at Robinhood to watch my pet turtle for the afternoon.

BBob

WKR
Opened the monthly chart of crypto this morning and realized how stupid ive been to fight the market for a month when its done nothing but go up. DUMB
You must have missed the wschmaltz post when he said it was at the 618 Fib and was primed to bounce. Bounce it did!!! ;)

It surely does like it's 618 Fib's

Attachments

• BTC 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    BTC 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
If you're using Robinhood, you don't own bitcoin, you owe a bunch of IOU's. Completely negates one of the core benefits of bitcoin. Not to mention RH is shady as ****. I would avoid. Stick with Coinbase, Gemini, or Kraken.

Here’s the problem with Bitcoin, crypto etc. People are using it like a penny stock, and all they care about is how many US dollars they can get out of it. Until it stabilizes and quits dropping 5-7000 in a day or 24 hrs, the originally intent for BTC is impossible. People want to cash in, spend green backs. So the point is, most people don’t really care if they own a coin or not, they want paper money in return. (I hate Robinhood for any use, so no beef there)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22lr

WKR
Just sold my Doge again on the last .06 run. Will probably stop buying/selling it but its tempting to keep flipping. Have bought it at .056 and sold at .06 twice now, just being patient pays dividends. I'm probably out of the Doge game for good now, but will see if I get tempted to jump back in.

More of just a rant....but at 49....I've wanted to get into the market for some time. After selling a home last year, I had enough liquid cash to start bleeding it into the market. A friend and former co worker has beat the market for years and as a regular working stiff for the Govt....has about 3 million in holdings.

He's been candid with his moves and purchases. Very Motley like. Long term.

All I can say is after making my first investments at the end of December 2020...what a SHITTY time it was for me to take the plunge. I've got about $7000 out there and I'm upside down about $1000 into my own cash. The post Pandemic boom is kicking my ass.

I am contemplating starting a blog. I think I've bought High and sold Low on every home I've ever purchased. And missed every solid wave in my TSP holdings. I am not sure it's possible to F things up Financially worse than I could. Those mythical tests where the Chimps pick the stocks and beat the humans....I'm signing up for chimps.com

Last edited:

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
Scooped up VIAC this morning in premarket. It was way undervalued after being related to the Archegos fallout. It was $100 stock a few weeks ago..

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Xrp crypto has doubled in the last 24hrs. They had a court case today and judging by the price it must be good news. I talked about it last week price was .45 today it hit 1.10. If they drop or win the sec lawsuit it won't be long before xrp over takes eth in market cap. Its happened once already. In the coming months it could be the #2 coin and no telling where the price will go.

Baddog

WKR
Wonder why know one does a website like robin hood for crypto (super simple and easy)? Or do they and I just don't know?

Wonder why know one does a website like robin hood for crypto (super simple and easy)? Or do they and I just don't know?
Read back to the top of this page. Robinhood doesn't own any crypto so they can't assign you keys = if you buy on robinhood, you don't own any crypto. You own an IOU from a shady brokerage.
over takes eth in market cap. Its happened once already. In the coming months it could be the #2 coin and no telling where the price will go.
I really like XRP and the use case for it, but it's a one trick pony. I've been screaming buy on here since about New Years when this thing was hanging out at $0.20, but I only see it at $5-$10 in the next 1-3 years because of the limited use. There are over 6,000 coins currently listed and 65% of them are on the Ethereum network. That makes ETH a 4,000 trick pony. Not to mention it's the only way of buying most alt coins on places like Uniswap.

ETH is being purposely deflated for the good of ETH because of the fee structure. The way the fees are currently set, it becomes useless at about $3,500. The creators and big money in the coin know that to be the case and are selling off to keep the price down just enough for people to see gains and stay in but to also buy time. The EIP 1559 gets pushed out later this summer and not only will it fix the fee problem, but it will fix the problem by burning ETH with every transaction (this takes fixing the infinite supply problem one step further by also driving supply down.) If you look at the weekly chart from 2017 when BTC was at the same price, it lines up almost perfectly. All the evidence is there that ETH is a $20,000+ coin by the end of the year and will follow BTC very closely after the improvement is rolled out later this summer (hopefully without the year long accumulation stages that BTC had waiting for halving.)

Read back to the top of this page. Robinhood doesn't own any crypto so they can't assign you keys = if you buy on robinhood, you don't own any crypto. You own an IOU from a shady brokerage.

I really like XRP and the use case for it, but it's a one trick pony. I've been screaming buy on here since about New Years when this thing was hanging out at $0.20, but I only see it at $5-$10 in the next 1-3 years because of the limited use. There are over 6,000 coins currently listed and 65% of them are on the Ethereum network. That makes ETH a 4,000 trick pony. Not to mention it's the only way of buying most alt coins on places like Uniswap.

ETH is being purposely deflated for the good of ETH because of the fee structure. The way the fees are currently set, it becomes useless at about $3,500. The creators and big money in the coin know that to be the case and are selling off to keep the price down just enough for people to see gains and stay in but to also buy time. The EIP 1559 gets pushed out later this summer and not only will it fix the fee problem, but it will fix the problem by burning ETH with every transaction (this takes fixing the infinite supply problem one step further by also driving supply down.) If you look at the weekly chart from 2017 when BTC was at the same price, it lines up almost perfectly. All the evidence is there that ETH is a $20,000+ coin by the end of the year and will follow BTC very closely after the improvement is rolled out later this summer (hopefully without the year long accumulation stages that BTC had waiting for halving.)
So you think ETH is going to 10x or more in the next 9 months?

Okhotnik

WKR
Based on pre market, might have a week or so window to make some $$$, especially in tech.

This article confirms what we've all been thinking
I picked up a 5 k shares of vldr when it dropped below $12. Might be short term. Sell order in at $18. depends on momentum and market. Adding to lpi, sm, GTE, dvn, cdev when oil dropped again.no brainer and picked up chip makers last fews week, himx, mu, mx , tsm. Trying to take advantage of a temp hot market. stops set every day and in of course

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
More of just a rant....but at 49....I've wanted to get into the market for some time. After selling a home last year, I had enough liquid cash to start bleeding it into the market. A friend and former co worker has beat the market for years and as a regular working stiff for the Govt....has about 3 million in holdings.

He's been candid with his moves and purchases. Very Motley like. Long term.

All I can say is after making my first investments at the end of December 2020...what a SHITTY time it was for me to take the plunge. I've got about $7000 out there and I'm upside down about $1000 into my own cash. The post Pandemic boom is kicking my ass.

I am contemplating starting a blog. I think I've bought High and sold Low on every home I've ever purchased. And missed every solid wave in my TSP holdings. I am not sure it's possible to F things up Financially worse than I could. Those mythical tests where the Chimps pick the stocks and beat the humans....I'm signing up for chimps.com
So you think ETH is going to 10x or more in the next 9 months?
I bough a 100 shares of ETH ( pure speculation) last July on a whim and just sitting on it. Probably should have cashed out more stocks and bought more. missed the bitcoin train. Knowing full well it could go to zero but think unlikely