The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

So you think ETH is going to 10x or more in the next 9 months?
I think there is a very good chance. The #1 coin in the world is at 60K while the #2 coin in the world with a much more diverse use case is at 2K. And the reason for it being so far behind is well documented with a plan in place to fix the problem. It may take 12 or 14 months instead of 9, but I won't complain. Don't take my word for it though, please research it. I'm just a stranger on the internet.
Anyone have an opinion on buying crypto through PayPal? Seems pretty convenient.
They actually own crypto. So at least it's accounted for in their system if you buy, but it's my understanding that you cannot move it. So you can never get your private keys and actually own it. Since you don't have keys, if BTC makes a huge dip and you exit, you can't send it anywhere to stay in cryto. Instead you create a taxable event. If you're on an actual crypto exchange like coinbase, you can just move it to a different coin or a stable coin like USD coin and then and re-enter at a lower price. The tax man doesn't take his share during the transaction.

Coinbase is extremely easy to make an account with and you can get a bunch of free coins by just watching videos. Not sure why everyone is so resistant to it.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Read back to the top of this page. Robinhood doesn't own any crypto so they can't assign you keys = if you buy on robinhood, you don't own any crypto. You own an IOU from a shady brokerage.

I really like XRP and the use case for it, but it's a one trick pony. I've been screaming buy on here since about New Years when this thing was hanging out at $0.20, but I only see it at $5-$10 in the next 1-3 years because of the limited use. There are over 6,000 coins currently listed and 65% of them are on the Ethereum network. That makes ETH a 4,000 trick pony. Not to mention it's the only way of buying most alt coins on places like Uniswap.

ETH is being purposely deflated for the good of ETH because of the fee structure. The way the fees are currently set, it becomes useless at about $3,500. The creators and big money in the coin know that to be the case and are selling off to keep the price down just enough for people to see gains and stay in but to also buy time. The EIP 1559 gets pushed out later this summer and not only will it fix the fee problem, but it will fix the problem by burning ETH with every transaction (this takes fixing the infinite supply problem one step further by also driving supply down.) If you look at the weekly chart from 2017 when BTC was at the same price, it lines up almost perfectly. All the evidence is there that ETH is a $20,000+ coin by the end of the year and will follow BTC very closely after the improvement is rolled out later this summer (hopefully without the year long accumulation stages that BTC had waiting for halving.)
I agree with your assessment. Xrp could see 3$ by the end of this yr and 5-10$ in 3. I believe they beat the complaint. Today the judge granted access to the SEC documents,transcripts related to btc and eth. Ripple is saying the SEC Chairman stated in the past that coins are digital currency and not digital securitys. Thus negating the xrp security complaint. Today in court they say they have no official stance. Something will come of those documents that not only effects xrp but every coin out there. Seems like they will have to come to a conclusion on security or currency. Itll be nice to see all the shit talking behind seems, unless those emails come up missing to.

Baddog

WKR
Where do you guys think the price of bitcoin is headed in the next 12 months?

I will look into coinbase.

Where do you guys think the price of bitcoin is headed in the next 12 months?

I will look into coinbase.
Check out Binance.US also. I like it better than Coinbase personally. One negative point is that it takes a few weeks to get the fiat verification completed in order to fund your account with USD.

The 12 month range for BTC is anywhere from $25k to $500k depending on who you listen to. I think $500k is ridiculous but I'm just a caveman. The people that I seem to be more comfortable with think it will hit $120-$160k in 2021 & they make a compelling case for it based on the institutional buy in and it's relative market cap compared to that of gold. One train of thought is that it is a store of value (think digital gold) instead of being used for everyday transactions & productivity. The Alt coins are much more geared to real world applications.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
No clue on where it will go. I dont mess with btc anymore. There are better coins with better profits. Bitcoin will not be the premier payment system. It costs to much per transaction and it is to slow. Eth is in a similar situation. Although Eth has more upside with more developers on their network. Most new and newer coins are being created on the eth network. It could only be a matter of time before btc and eth flip. Hell I dont know. Seems like bitcoin is more of a name/image at this point. Thats also has value, just not sure how much. Im more interested in defi and a couple others tokens. Defi tokens are the newest wave that have solid potential.

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
No clue on where it will go. I dont mess with btc anymore. There are better coins with better profits. Bitcoin will not be the premier payment system. It costs to much per transaction and it is to slow. Eth is in a similar situation. Although Eth has more upside with more developers on their network. Most new and newer coins are being created on the eth network. It could only be a matter of time before btc and eth flip. Hell I dont know. Seems like bitcoin is more of a name/image at this point. Thats also has value, just not sure how much. Im more interested in defi and a couple others tokens. Defi tokens are the newest wave that have solid potential.
Would love to hear the coins you like. I am currently researching Cardano, Bogged, Verasity, Fetch, Lukso, and IOV Starname. I’m new to crypto and trying to decide where my money should go.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Crow makes a good point with bitcoin. I could see it being used as a place to store money. Id also be interested in what coins ppl are interested in. Currently the coins I like are EWT,LINK,LTC,SUSHI,XRP,ATOM,ADA,UNI,OCEAN,ETH. Almost everyone of these has doubled in price since January some have tripled. I have a couple others on a watch list that I'm currently watching trying to get a feel for before I jump in. Those are trx,eos,xlm,ren,bat,mana

EWT is an energy coin with alot of partners and alot of upside. XRP has massive upside with bank transactions. Very low fee and very fast transactions. ADA has partnered with africa.

I treat it the way Robert Kiyosaki explained getting rich. He would pick a handful of IPOs and let $5,000 ride on each. One would 10X, a couple would 2-5X, one would not move, and another he would lose his entire investment. In the end he was still up 10-20X. The next time he would let $10,000 ride on each. The only difference is, the info on cypto is very available compared to IPOs 25 years ago and it's fairly straightforward to pick the winners in this space. The early adapters are the big earners. I think my initial investments for each coin in my portfolio were before Christmas on all coins except for maybe LUKSO and OMI which I've added last couple of months. I need to go and check, but I think the winner so far is still Sora. Bought that one at $7 in July and it's sitting at a cool $860. So currently at 122X on that one. But there's another 5 that have done 20X since December and most have done at least 3-5X. These are coins I currently own, there are a whole bunch of others not listed that I invested in that didn't move and I no longer own, but I can't think of any that I lost more than 10% of my investment on.

Coins I currently own:
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot, Chainlink, Aave, VeChain, Ripple, Kusama, Synthetix, Solana, Balancer, Enjin, Compound, ChainGames, ChainX, Sora, Ankr, Injection Protocol, Energy Web Token, ECOMI, LUKSO, Robonomics, Helium, Union Protocol, Bridge Protocol

Edit: forgot about DENT. Bought that one in February! Pulled back a little this week but still a nice 10x so far.

Last edited:
Do you suppose any of these gold-backed cryptos have a chance or is it a flash in the pan? I guess I don't understand what a gold crypto does that physical gold wouldn't do.. except not weigh as much.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I treat it the way Robert Kiyosaki explained getting rich. He would pick a handful of IPOs and let $5,000 ride on each. One would 10X, a couple would 2-5X, one would not move, and another he would lose his entire investment. In the end he was still up 10-20X. The next time he would let $10,000 ride on each. The only difference is, the info on cypto is very available compared to IPOs 25 years ago and it's fairly straightforward to pick the winners in this space. The early adapters are the big earners. I think my initial investments for each coin in my portfolio were before Christmas on all coins except for maybe LUKSO and OMI which I've added last couple of months. I need to go and check, but I think the winner so far is still Sora. Bought that one at $7 in July and it's sitting at a cool $860. So currently at 122X on that one. But there's another 5 that have done 20X since December and most have done at least 3-5X. These are coins I currently own, there are a whole bunch of others not listed that I invested in that didn't move and I no longer own, but I can't think of any that I lost more than 10% of my investment on.

Coins I currently own:
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot, Chainlink, Aave, VeChain, Ripple, Kusama, Synthetix, Solana, Balancer, Enjin, Compound, ChainGames, ChainX, Sora, Ankr, Injection Protocol, Energy Web Token, ECOMI, LUKSO, Robonomics, Helium, Union Protocol, Bridge Protocol

Edit: forgot about DENT. Bought that one in February! Pulled back a little this week but still a nice 10x so far.
Thank you for those. I've got more research to do tonight on some of those. Some I've never heard of. 1 to check into since u like protocols is Ocean protocol. I bought it in January for around .18 Today is sits at 1.76. Thanks again

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
What sites do you guys use to buy/sell crypto? I'm newer to the crypto game and trying to learn how and what is the best.
Coinbase is probably the easiest for main stream coins. They've only got about 30 tradeable. Binance.us is a great one to use if you want the lesser known altcoins. Similar to a pink sheet penny stock. I personally use coinbase and kucoin.

Ten Bears

WKR
I use Coinbase, Bitforex, Binance original through a VPN, and Kraken. On the shadier exchanges I get through all verification and set up with a small test amount before I buy large amounts. Then I transfer to my cold wallets.

Currently holding ETH, OMI, OMG, LITE, DASH, Sushiswap, Skale, Matic, and Zcash.

Be careful with using a VPN & accessing the "regular" Binance. If they find out you're in the US they'll lock your account & block you from using their service.

The most frustrating part is being able to actually buy the lesser known ones before they pop. Once they're available on the common exchanges they've already had a run in price.

Check out the sites like Simple Swap which allow you to swap "normal" coins for the harder to get ones. I haven't tried it yet but hear it's a PITA.

Ten Bears

WKR
Be careful with using a VPN & accessing the "regular" Binance. If they find out you're in the US they'll lock your account & block you from using their service.

The most frustrating part is being able to actually buy the lesser known ones before they pop. Once they're available on the common exchanges they've already had a run in price.

Check out the sites like Simple Swap which allow you to swap "normal" coins for the harder to get ones. I haven't tried it yet but hear it's a PITA.

yep. I am in and out with it when I do it.

all the swap sites have huge Gas fees or are such a pain I don’t use them.

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider

Coins I currently own:

What sources are most valuable for research on coins? I’d hate to rely solely on Reddit.

What is the point of all the coins? Seems like 2 or 3 is all that is needed?
For me it's to make money.

Enjin is a coin used for gamers to buy and trade NFTs. I don't even know how to turn on a nintendo. But I know NFTs are huge, gaming is huge, and gamers are nerds. So count me in. My $250 in October is now ~$6,000.

Some I may use. OMI will be used to purchase NFTs on VeVe. VeVe will have exclusive rights to NFL, Marvel, FIFA, Pokemon, etc. Those are HUGE collector markets in a NFT market that's exploding. count me in.

Some coins such as DOT and KSM are great projects but also will be exclusively required to get into new emerging projects where I can make even more money. I need ETH to buy the emerging products on UniSwap. Count me in for it all!

And the list goes on. Certain sectors will bump at certain times. So I try to be in as many markets as possible. NFTs, Defi, BTC, ETH network, DOT network, etc. Same reason people hold metals, indicies, and stocks in their investment portfolio - diversification.

There are probably only a couple coins I will ever use. But I would've never thought I would use BTC 4 years ago and I use it for transactions now whenever I can including sending and receiving money with friends. You can already buy crypto cards and Visa is working on a card using BTC as well. There's big time talk this week of BTC as an ETF. ETH and others will follow. It's over once that happens.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
For me it's to make money.

Enjin is a coin used for gamers to buy and trade NFTs. I don't even know how to turn on a nintendo. But I know NFTs are huge, gaming is huge, and gamers are nerds. So count me in. My $250 in October is now ~$6,000.

Some I may use. OMI will be used to purchase NFTs on VeVe. VeVe will have exclusive rights to NFL, Marvel, FIFA, Pokemon, etc. Those are HUGE collector markets in a NFT market that's exploding. count me in.

Some coins such as DOT and KSM are great projects but also will be exclusively required to get into new emerging projects where I can make even more money. I need ETH to buy the emerging products on UniSwap. Count me in for it all!

And the list goes on. Certain sectors will bump at certain times. So I try to be in as many markets as possible. NFTs, Defi, BTC, ETH network, DOT network, etc. Same reason people hold metals, indicies, and stocks in their investment portfolio - diversification.

There are probably only a couple coins I will ever use. But I would've never thought I would use BTC 4 years ago and I use it for transactions now whenever I can including sending and receiving money with friends. You can already buy crypto cards and Visa is working on a card using BTC as well. There's big time talk this week of BTC as an ETF. ETH and others will follow. It's over once that happens.
Nice little 250$ investment you made there, I've been reading on these coins and trying to make those same choices.