The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I just liquidated all my shorts and included USO at the high this afternoon.
it was a great day, but what’s creeping me out is that the FANG stocks lost momentum and the volume was really low compared to weeks prior. Bear rally over??? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
I sold a few long holds today for 20-25% gains. They might keep going up, but as the guy who started me trading always said, you’ll never go broke taking 20-25% profits. NBY, KAR, CDEV, SEEL, BLMN, DCAR $ on this one!

Sold a few that rebounded to almost even, cash out of those, so some more shopping.

Still keeping all my big positions in solid companies and div ETF’s.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Debating on cutting loose 50% of my UAL....hmmm. I was to busy today to do anything so all I’ve got is UAL and UGAZ.
Also thinking about picking up a short or two to see what happens here overnight..

Broomd

WKR
Well done, gents. Sound like ya'll are making money.
Fun day.
Sold TXT for an excellent profit, I shared that one a couple weeks ago on here, maybe someone else made a few bucks too.
Also parted with MIK, and PRTY, that little party stock was a sweet money maker! .50 to .90!
Still waiting on a few others to head up a bit more. The patience game gets easier as we go through these cycles.

Cdev popped to $1.20. Nice to be back there, let's hope she forms a bottom near there soon.

Not buying anything, because I don't know anything!

Got a bit of cash in a Schwab IRA doing absolutely nothing. Anyone have any books or websites they can point a noobie to as a starting point?

Got a bit of cash in a Schwab IRA doing absolutely nothing. Anyone have any books or websites they can point a noobie to as a starting point?
Unkown to you, that’s kind of a loaded question. There are so many resources out there. But the basics would be to learn how to research a company. Lots of books about that.
Eventually what you’ll find is which parameters of each company you find important that will create your trading style.
Then get a brokerage acct. find one that lets you trade fake stocks or “paper trade”.
Make a sh¥tload of mistakes, cause you will, until you get to the point where you actually pull some of your fake positions off. Then paper trade for another 10 years! Just kidding, kind of.
the bottom line, tons of research. You can lose all your money at any damn moment. Be scared. Get some Valium. Start with $50 when your finally ready to trade. And add slowly each month with money that you are 100% willing to lose!

It’s easy.....just look for stocks with long steep red lines, then buy them as soon as the line turns green and changes directions. 👍🏼

Okhotnik

WKR
Debating on cutting loose 50% of my UAL....hmmm. I was to busy today to do anything so all I’ve got is UAL and UGAZ.
Also thinking about picking up a short or two to see what happens here overnight..

Airlines recently announced bookings are up 30 per cent from a month ago. I would hang on a bit and move your stop loss or trailing loss up accordingly if stock is rising.

Pre market is looking pretty far up so far. UAL making some good progress, EVRI has done great, PNW on it's way up. Let's all hope it stays up today and this money train continues!!

Technicals show that the S&P should be around 1700. It’ll never get that low, but right now it’s still unsustainably high based on the actual economy - I’m making short day trades to capitalize on this post March run up, but keeping a lot of cash on hand to both hedge against another black swan day, as well as wait until market depresses. I think the S&P will likely hit another low in the 2600 range (Or lower). Avoiding mid cap - these companies are struggling.

Technicals show that the S&P should be around 1700. It’ll never get that low, but right now it’s still unsustainably high based on the actual economy - I’m making short day trades to capitalize on this post March run up, but keeping a lot of cash on hand to both hedge against another black swan day, as well as wait until market depresses. I think the S&P will likely hit another low in the 2600 range (Or lower). Avoiding mid cap - these companies are struggling.
Technicals mean absolutely nothing right now and haven't since March. This is a new market we are dealing with. The sooner all you chart readers stop trying to analyze it and tell us the next big crash is gonna happen any day, the better off we will all be. Clearly the market is not paralleling the economy. It doesn't take a chart or any education to realize this. Im not trying to be harsh, but it seems like once a week we get someone new popping in here tellings us exactly what you did.

Broomd

WKR
I should have sold several on the open, took the gains, and bought back in 30 min later.
Did just that, but it's wierd buying at such fresh(er) highs....a little unnverving. I buy far fewer shares just in case if/when they really bottom, I'm not crazy off on the buy price. This market is STILL VERY UNSETTLED.

I forgot to set a higher limit on ALLY last night before bed, cost me $350 on the PM sell. Grrrrrr.
Sweet time to be trading though!

Sold my VLO this morning @ $70.50 a share and made a nice profit. I like the idea posted recently by [mention]Trevor73402 [/mention]of picking up vlo when it dips and then selling when it picks up as it does seem to do that a lot.

I also wish I would’ve sold my ally when it hit $18+ but didn’t...so now I’ve got a limit sell for half of it hoping it hits $18+ again today . Here’s to hoping

Also put in a limit buy for PE and I picked up some PCG yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk