The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Technicals mean absolutely nothing right now and haven't since March. This is a new market we are dealing with. The sooner all you chart readers stop trying to analyze it and tell us the next big crash is gonna happen any day, the better off we will all be. Clearly the market is not paralleling the economy. It doesn't take a chart or any education to realize this. Im not trying to be harsh, but it seems like once a week we get someone new popping in here tellings us exactly what you did.
The fundamentals is what he meant. And he’s correct, as are you. I would continue to remain flexible and go with the flow. Easy as that. Having a strong, stubborn bias only blinds you .

The fundamentals is what he meant. And he’s correct, as are you. I would continue to remain flexible and go with the flow. Easy as that. Having a strong, stubborn bias only blinds you .
Correct, meant fundamentals.

I’m playing the market now for some short gains, but there’s no way in heck I think this Bullish rally is going to continue like this...so I’m very hesitant to invest large amounts until we see the long term effects and response to covid, unemployment, etc. It’s still too early to tell how things will shake out long term and I think you would be foolish to have too much of your savings/portfolio invested right now thinking the worst is over - just my opinion. I have personally pulled about 80% of what I have back into cash earlier this month after reaping a good portion of the April bounce back. I sleep a lot better at night knowing that I have cash right now (although cash is arguably a loser too) with this volatile and unpredicatable market. I am swing trading the volatility with the other 20% to capitalize a bit. I will get back into equities heavily once the market settles after we see the long term effects, regardless of where it is - my guess is 2600 on the S&P. I’m not getting sucked in on FOMO, which might mean I could miss out on some substantial gains if we never see another pullback, but the fundamentals support the other side of that and by holding back now I certainly won’t lose 5-10years of growth if there is a pullback - much more concerned with protecting what I have vs getting greedy right now so I don’t see more six figure losses. Yes, just another “noob” throwing out the same advise others have, but I felt obligated to share my strategy in case it helps someone (arguably a pretty obvious “strategy”). I’m certainly not sitting here tossing around hot tickers so hopefully this isn’t perceived as bold or poor advise.

Okhotnik

WKR
My account was 6 k down on opening due to Russia announcing more oil on the market. Almost panicked then saw some potential bargains.

I added to my smaller oil and gas companies on lows( dollar cost averaging) AND PICKED UP MORE SAVE, UAL, JETBLU, Spirit on lows late morning.( Seems to be a trend the past month on a mid week market)

Anyway now up almost 3 k and will take some profits.

Okhotnik

WKR
Sold my VLO this morning @ $70.50 a share and made a nice profit. I like the idea posted recently by [mention]Trevor73402 [/mention]of picking up vlo when it dips and then selling when it picks up as it does seem to do that a lot.

I also wish I would’ve sold my ally when it hit $18+ but didn’t...so now I’ve got a limit sell for half of it hoping it hits $18+ again today . Here’s to hoping

Also put in a limit buy for PE and I picked up some PCG yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added to my PE at lows today. and 9.10 Been a great profit producer for me. Added a few hundred of REI at 1.18.

Okhotnik

WKR
Correct, meant fundamentals.

I’m playing the market now for some short gains, but there’s no way in heck I think this Bullish rally is going to continue like this...so I’m very hesitant to invest large amounts until we see the long term effects and response to covid, unemployment, etc. It’s still too early to tell how things will shake out long term and I think you would be foolish to have too much of your savings/portfolio invested right now thinking the worst is over - just my opinion. I have personally pulled about 80% of what I have back into cash earlier this month after reaping a good portion of the April bounce back. I sleep a lot better at night knowing that I have cash right now (although cash is arguably a loser too) with this volatile and unpredicatable market. I am swing trading the volatility with the other 20% to capitalize a bit. I will get back into equities heavily once the market settles after we see the long term effects, regardless of where it is - my guess is 2600 on the S&P. I’m not getting sucked in on FOMO, which might mean I could miss out on some substantial gains if we never see another pullback, but the fundamentals support the other side of that and by holding back now I certainly won’t lose 5-10years of growth if there is a pullback - much more concerned with protecting what I have vs getting greedy right now so I don’t see more six figure losses. Yes, just another “noob” throwing out the same advise others have, but I felt obligated to share my strategy in case it helps someone (arguably a pretty obvious “strategy”). I’m certainly not sitting here tossing around hot tickers so hopefully this isn’t perceived as bold or poor advise.

I don't think one poster on here said the worst is over in over in 95 pages of postings. In fact its been quite the opposite with everyone warning about the inherent risk in the market and the good possibility of another correction.

There has been quite a bit of short term gains and losses and a good deal of volatility.

Picked up some OZSC this morning on a tip from a coworker. Up over 100% on the day so far
Edit: I typically steer clear of stocks like this but went with it and sometimes a guy gets lucky

EastMT

WKR
Picked up some OZSC this morning on a tip from a coworker. Up over 100% on the day so far
Edit: I typically steer clear of stocks like this but went with it and sometimes a guy gets lucky

I pulled of a sweet one today while fishing. I bought some crazy penny early, fished for redfish/trout into early afternoon. Had my limits set so no worries. Get back to the motel and something happened my sell limit didn’t kick in, luckily. I was up $1159 lol. I couldn’t click sell fast enough!

I bought into an overnight hold a bit ago, see how it goes. I’ll update win or lose in the AM.

Most importantly this Alaskan pretending to be a Texan caught my first DIY redfish and trout today, got the little ones figured out, now I need to figure out the big ones!

Attachments

• 48D4C2FF-8554-446D-A17F-65AE0C9FEE15.png
    48D4C2FF-8554-446D-A17F-65AE0C9FEE15.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 38

Clarktar

WKR
Think it will be dropping back down to give you a shot at a better buy in the future? Asking because I’m sitting on some too.
I have no clue. But I want to realize some of my gains. If it drops below 68 I will scoop up a bunch more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got into GMDA at $4.35 and $4.50, up 30% total. I’m tempted to take profits as 30% is amazing, but also think they can do well long term. Anybody know anything about GMDA?

EastMT

WKR
Not really, I like to lock the pharm profits in when I get a chance. That looks like a good swing trade. Wait for it to drop, buy and wait. I got an alert a few weeks ago to PHAS when I first started following some dudes. Only bought $100 and got out at 60%, it went up as much as 86%, but that’s fine. Don’t get greedy, rule #1. If you shoot for rockets you usually crash. Not always but pharm is very volatile, not many have steady gains, it’s down down down rocket down. Usually..........

One thing I find fascinating is the number of companies who stock prices keep going up and they haven’t made money in 4 years. Makes no sense. Seems to be a lot of them in the medical sector right now.

I dumped DKNG today for a 22% profit. I see that it went up another .18 cents from where I sold it. That one has been pretty volatile with $3-$4 swings lately. If it drops back to $29-$30, I’ll buy back in again. I’m tempted to dump VLO at $70-ish. For some reason I feel like it may drop back into the $65-67 range again. No proof, just a hunch.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
PLAY finally going on a run?? I’m tempted to pick some up in the morning if it already hasn’t taken off.