The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

My wife and I are under contract to buy a house. We were talking about all the things that we will need to buy when we move in. I told her a full storage room and a garden are the first things I am worried about. She wanted an air fryer.

My wife and I are set to close on a house mid June. A couple of needs was room for food storage, as my wife cans, and space for a garden or small green house. The lot is an acre which is more than we have now, and the garage is more than big enough for food storage. I’m going to have to refill the freezer though, I guess AK moose will have to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
My wife and I are under contract to buy a house. We were talking about all the things that we will need to buy when we move in. I told her a full storage room and a garden are the first things I am worried about. She wanted an air fryer.

Lol that air fryer thing is funny! I get it tho my wife and I have a wonderful marriage but different ideas on what’s important sometimes. Gardening is a great past time for sure and grats on the house.

CorbLand

WKR
My wife and I are set to close on a house mid June. A couple of needs was room for food storage, as my wife cans, and space for a garden or small green house. The lot is an acre which is more than we have now, and the garage is more than big enough for food storage. I’m going to have to refill the freezer though, I guess AK moose will have to do

We should close about the same time as you do but the people selling it cant move into their new place until the end of June, so we wont be able to get in until first part of July. We are on a little over a third of an acre so plenty of room for a decent garden and we plan to convert one of the sheds into a chicken coop and get four or five egg layers.

CorbLand

WKR
Lol that air fryer thing is funny! I get it tho my wife and I have a wonderful marriage but different ideas on what’s important sometimes. Gardening is a great past time for sure and grats on the house.

Yea, my wife and I have been happily married for four years and I wouldn't trade it for anything but I do agree that sometimes we have massively different priorities. I laughed when she said an air fryer and told her dont worry, you can get an air fryer but priority number one is food storage.

Dont know how much we will get out of a garden this year as we will have a short season by the time we get in.

Yea, my wife and I have been happily married for four years and I wouldn't trade it for anything but I do agree that sometimes we have massively different priorities. I laughed when she said an air fryer and told her dont worry, you can get an air fryer but priority number one is food storage.

Dont know how much we will get out of a garden this year as we will have a short season by the time we get in.
July is a good time to start fall crops. Carrots, cabbage, broccoli, peas. Stuff that can handle a frost.

Manure supplies are lower due to the fertilizer shortage. If composted manure isn't available a nearby supplier, maybe grow a green manure to get the beds ready for spring.

I sold off PIPP and SVFA this morning. Starting to get cash ready for the bottom.

WMT had a bad 1Q. I think 2Q will be worse before it turns around.

I’m sitting on a pile of cash and exhibiting patience on days like today. I own a masonry business dealing in specialized commercial work. For 3 years now I’ve had to order concrete 2 weeks in advance and forms/supplies a week or more ahead. Now, I can get literally anything I need within hours, including concrete. The signs are there, at least in my industry and area, that tough times are ahead.
That said, I’m 100% sure I’ll miss the bottom 😂 I always do.

We should close about the same time as you do but the people selling it cant move into their new place until the end of June, so we wont be able to get in until first part of July. We are on a little over a third of an acre so plenty of room for a decent garden and we plan to convert one of the sheds into a chicken coop and get four or five egg layers.

We looked at some homes that had chicken coops and I’d be like do the chickens come with the house??

CorbLand

WKR
We put in offer in on a house that had coops and I made it very clear that the coops had to stay. Dont know if that was the deal breaker or not but we didnt get that house.

swNEhunter

Lil-Rokslider
What are some large cap stocks you all are looking to buy for the long term during this "dip"?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
What are some large cap stocks you all are looking to buy for the long term during this "dip"?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
VOO for me. Only thing I have really been buying for a couple months.

Take that for what its worth, I also bought Google at 2700.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any info on the cdev investigation? What this means? Also seen hmbl is under investigation. Only stock I'm down in is humble.

BigDog00

WKR
Anyone have any info on the cdev investigation? What this means? Also seen hmbl is under investigation. Only stock I'm down in is humble.
I haven't seen anything on the investigation, but I did see some production data this morning on some current development projects. They have 18 new wells that have shown strong results. They completed the wells in Q1 and they will pay out in just 4 months at current oil prices.

I was talking to a major US farmer who is a customer of mine who said him and many others are forgoing fertilizer this year due to the cost and plan to collect the insurance when the crop bombs. He said if you want beans next winter, buy them now. (He farms one of the top producing soy farms) he expects a 30% yield on his crops

He also said this is the general plan for most farmers he has talked to. The food shortage will be rough this fall. I am sure it will effect pricing across the board.
A few things here. . . First farmers are the best fish story tellers out there so take everything with a grain of salt. Now on to the meat and potatoes.

If a farmer plans to not fertilize and take insurance he's going to need a lot of help along the way. Poor yeild alone won't get the payment. Need a weather event, delay, or some other event to cause the reduced yeild. If you average 220/ac on corn and raise 160 and it was a normal year there will be an investigation and they will want to see what you put out for fertilizer.

Next part:. Crop prices are very high. . . Like near record high. As such you can cover a lot of expense. I live in irrigated farm country where some of the expenses are toward the top end because we have to pump water and not count on mother nature for it. We are planting road ditch to road ditch. Guys are looking at $300-$500/ acre profits across their farms on 70/30 corn soybean splits.

Now even if they didn't book fertilizer and fuel early they are still looking at $150-300/acre profit. And when I say profit I mean, all bills paid (including vehicles and house payment), family living covered, and PROFITING 150-300/acre on top of that. Guys are capitalizing on the opportunity not passing it by and trying to grab insurance. To get insurance in the manner you are saying they would put in all the expense except fertilizer, and then get 30% yeild and receive $14.33 per bushel for 45% of their yeild to get them to 75%. Or they pay for the fert, sell 100% of their beans (for higher prices or today's price of about $14.30in my area),make more money and not commit fraud!

I love farmers, but BS is an art form and the shit gets deep enough that you better have waders! Tons of corn and beans planted across Nebraska!

This year alone I've heard the new world order is gonna take over, a guy complain he's going broke as we literally reviewed his cash flow showing him making $500,000 this year, and one guy saying he couldn't afford fertilize even though he had prepaid and bought all he needed at the end of 2021! It's ingrained in them to bitch and moan and make it seem like the world is ending! Then at harvest they will smile, book a trip to Cabo, and enjoy life for 2.5 months before starting over.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
A few things here. . . First farmers are the best fish story tellers out there so take everything with a grain of salt. Now on to the meat and potatoes.

If a farmer plans to not fertilize and take insurance he's going to need a lot of help along the way. Poor yeild alone won't get the payment. Need a weather event, delay, or some other event to cause the reduced yeild. If you average 220/ac on corn and raise 160 and it was a normal year there will be an investigation and they will want to see what you put out for fertilizer.

Next part:. Crop prices are very high. . . Like near record high. As such you can cover a lot of expense. I live in irrigated farm country where some of the expenses are toward the top end because we have to pump water and not count on mother nature for it. We are planting road ditch to road ditch. Guys are looking at $300-$500/ acre profits across their farms on 70/30 corn soybean splits.

Now even if they didn't book fertilizer and fuel early they are still looking at $150-300/acre profit. And when I say profit I mean, all bills paid (including vehicles and house payment), family living covered, and PROFITING 150-300/acre on top of that. Guys are capitalizing on the opportunity not passing it by and trying to grab insurance. To get insurance in the manner you are saying they would put in all the expense except fertilizer, and then get 30% yeild and receive $14.33 per bushel for 45% of their yeild to get them to 75%. Or they pay for the fert, sell 100% of their beans (for higher prices or today's price of about $14.30in my area),make more money and not commit fraud!

I love farmers, but BS is an art form and the shit gets deep enough that you better have waders! Tons of corn and beans planted across Nebraska!

This year alone I've heard the new world order is gonna take over, a guy complain he's going broke as we literally reviewed his cash flow showing him making $500,000 this year, and one guy saying he couldn't afford fertilize even though he had prepaid and bought all he needed at the end of 2021! It's ingrained in them to bitch and moan and make it seem like the world is ending! Then at harvest they will smile, book a trip to Cabo, and enjoy life for 2.5 months before starting over.
As someone who grew up in the middle of farm country, this is spot on.

Farmers are one of the few people that cry poverty from the window of a brand new pickup and I aint never seen the tears hit the leather.

As someone who grew up in the middle of farm country, this is spot on.

Farmers are one of the few people that cry poverty from the window of a brand new pickup and I aint never seen the tears hit the leather.
As someone who is a former farmer, for a very short time, and now works quite often for farmers, this is both the most accurate and funny post I’ve read in a long time.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Also, potatoes are harvested in October each year and then stored until spring/summer of the next year. So the potatoes you are buying now were dug on last years costs. 2023 will be when a massive spike in pricing hits.
I thought we lost tons of potatoes in 2020 due to the covid, they had to waste them all because all restaurants were closed down?

CorbLand

WKR
I thought we lost tons of potatoes in 2020 due to the covid, they had to waste them all because all restaurants were closed down?
I will ask my uncle the next time I see him but my guess is that it’s like every thing else blamed on COVID. Everyone freaked out, sold all their shit and here we are a year and half later with historically high prices on pretty much everything.

Ironically, farmers were also one of the top industries to take PPP loans. My brother does taxes for a lot of farmers. Most made more money then ever in 2021.