The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
They also declared a variable dividend for 2023. I need to deep dive into that, but at current strip price that looks to be $1 a share. For some that's a real chunk of change.

I'm not sure if that's over and above the standard .05/qtr divi...will check further or maybe someone else can chime in....
That will be on top of the base dividend. They are projecting $490 million going towards variable dividend next year at current strip pricing. The base dividend for year of .20 costs $110 million so the variable would be roughly $.89/share on top of the base dividend for a combined $1.09/share for the year. I will now be holding longer than planned as that will give me roughly $72k/year

Broomd

WKR
That will be on top of the base dividend. They are projecting $490 million going towards variable dividend next year at current strip pricing. The base dividend for year of .20 costs $110 million so the variable would be roughly $.89/share on top of the base dividend for a combined $1.09/share for the year. I will now be holding longer than planned as that will give me roughly $72k/year
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. Happy for your success with PR, that's great stuff.
I'm 59 as of *today* lol, so my goals are different and don't plan on holding this thing forever, but that kind of divi declaration will def add value for possible institutional investors.
Huge upside.

Sherman

WKR
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. Happy for your success with PR, that's great stuff.
I'm 59 as of *today* lol, so my goals are different and don't plan on holding this thing forever, but that kind of divi declaration will def add value for possible institutional investors.
Huge upside.
Happy birthday!!!!🎉🎈🎂🎊🎁

Johnboy

WKR
Huge upside.
Appreciate the continued guidance on this one, @Broomd. It's carried my personal account to prosperity despite what seems like a slow bleed everywhere else. Thanks again, and happy birthday to you, sir!

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Huge upside.
Thanks, and Happy Birthday! At your age I would also play it differently. I am 35, so I can hold this long term to benefit from the dividend.

Was watching energy stocks get pounded towards the end of the trading day and was almost tempted to build some positions. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big bounce tomorrow.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
I'd guess it has more to do with CPI numbers coming in below expectation. Still no reason for celebration, but that makes more sense to me than effects from the elections.

I'd guess it has more to do with CPI numbers coming in below expectation. Still no reason for celebration, but that makes more sense to me than effects from the elections.
With the disclaimer that I don't really understand how the market works, I would also think that CPI has more to do with it. However, as far as the election goes, I think that markets often actually like split houses of government, since that generally means nothing will happen. Stasis is predictable which is often positive from a stock market perspective

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
For some reason carnival corporation CCL hit a low of $6.11 a few weeks back and several publications were saying it was not a good buy and stay away from it. Today it hit $11.48.

never listen to the experts. Think for yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpNorth89

Lil-Rokslider
For some reason carnival corporation CCL hit a low of $6.11 a few weeks back and several publications were saying it was not a good buy and stay away from it. Today it hit $11.48.

never listen to the experts. Think for yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR