The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

TX_Diver

WKR
So the cold wallet disconnects your account from the internet and requires you to login to the USB/dongle in order to accept or send crypto on your wallet. You have a separate code you physically put into the usb/dongle so you can grant permission for transactions, this and having the usb/dongle plugged in is what allows your wallet to connect.

Yes a hot wallet is an account on coinbase or any other exchange. Trust wallet is another hot wallet. There are many out there to use. Yes you can transfer from that wallet to your cold wallet. Another layer of security would be to send it to another wallet before your cold.

Since your just learning this I want to make perfectly clear, IF YOU HAVE YOUR SEED PHRASE STOLEN YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR ASSETS. Sorry not trying to be a d bag but that is very important. Every time you create a wallet whether it’s cold or hot you will get a seed phrase of words any where from 12 to 25. The seed phrase will allow you to rebuild your account at any point on a new wallet. So, if you lost your usb/dongle but still have your seed phrase you can rebuild your wallet with your assets.

If you keep your seed phrase on your computer for your cold wallet and your computer gets hacked, the bad actor can now take all of your assets and transfer them out. Don’t keep your seed phrase on your computer, don’t keep a screen shot of your seed phrase. If you have the ability to setup a 2 Factor Authentication for your wallets I encourage you to do so. Multi layers is how you protect your assets.

When you want to sell you can reverse the order of transaction back to the exchange.

So being your own custodian allows you the ability to control what happens. When FTX collapsed everyone who had assets on their platform/hot wallet had to wait for all kinds of court proceedings to happen before maybe getting anything back. It can take years for that to happen. The other benefit is you can take it everywhere, at the very basic level if you can remember your seed phrase you could in essence rebuild the wallet whenever you want whenever you want.

BTC for me is a way to avoid the inflation tax we are seeing. There will only ever be 21 million btc, and as each halving happens less and less becomes available on the market.

I hope I explained it clearly and didn’t confuse you. If others have points to make please do as I’m always willing to learn myself.

Books:

The Bitcoin Standard
(On YT)

Bitcoin everything divided by 21 million

Bitcoin: Hard money you can’t F*ck with

The Price of Tomorrow

When Money Dies

The Price of Time

The Creature from Jekyll Island

Animal Farm (bc it’s a good book haha)

The Richest Man in Babylon
(Not btc related)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So ftx users who had their crypto in a cold Wallet we’re effectively not impacted as they could just put the money back into a different hot wallet?

Thanks. Starting to make a little more sense.

So ftx users who had their crypto in a cold Wallet we’re effectively not impacted as they could just put the money back into a different hot wallet?

Thanks. Starting to make a little more sense.

Any users who had assets in their hot wallets on an exchange which collapsed (FTX, Celsius, BlockFi) lost access to those assets. Any that moved their assets to their cold wallet were good to go.

Marshfly

WKR
Your crypto should only be on an exchange if you are actively trading/transacting it otherwise it needs to be on the cold wallet that is locked in your safe with your firearms.

That simple.

DillanF

FNG
I typically do options trading... particularly selling options. Been doing very well selling 1SD iron condors the day before earnings on stocks with weekly options!

Marshfly

WKR
I typically do options trading... particularly selling options. Been doing very well selling 1SD iron condors the day before earnings on stocks with weekly options!
Same here Dillan. I only sell. ICs and Flies. All of mine are mechanical every day though. Same bat time, same bat place. LOL

DillanF

FNG
Same here Dillan. I only sell. ICs and Flies. All of mine are mechanical every day though. Same bat time, same bat place. LOL
I just started with about $1200 in an account mid summer and have grown to ~$16,000. How have your results been? And how do you choose your underlying and DTE?

Options are a zero sum game. Know them. Be able to put on an options trade but spending time learning and trading options is time that could have been used just doing fundamental research and picking winners and then watching them run…the roi on time is much greater when you find 3 names that have legs and put up all your gains for the year vs. swing trading options.

Sure if you own the underlying and can collect premium by writing covered calls or if you want to go long a name and meanwhile you’re willing to sell naked puts, that’s fine.

But since I know nobody doing well, wether it be luck or skill, likes to listen to other people talk about their strategy’s short comings, I posted a link to a pdf that I used as a framework when I dabbled around in the options game. PM me if you want a pdf copy

Marshfly

WKR
Options are a zero sum game across ALL traders. Tons of people make money with options long term. Like years and years long term.

Lots more lose their butt though. Those that lose see options as only leverage. Those that win learn how the Greeks work and trade the Greeks.

Marshfly

WKR
I just started with about $1200 in an account mid summer and have grown to ~$16,000. How have your results been? And how do you choose your underlying and DTE?

Backtesting and then live testing small to make sure the actual trades match the backtests over time. Only then do I scale up.

I use Option Omega for backtesting. It’s pay but made me more in the first weekend using it to tweak my trades than 10 years of subscription costs.

All of my trades are 1 or 0dte. I have had a lot of success with significantly longer (45-120dte) futures/commodities options but I got tired of the big account swings and just prefer being “done” when the bell rings. I total up my day and move on.

Choosing underlying… I only trade things that are eligible for Section 1256 tax treatment.

Last edited:

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
is my UUUU homie still on here? I hope you held through the slack time and reaped some rewards. I just dumped half of mine. Holding the other half just in case it’s the real take off for uranium

CorbLand

WKR
I let you cry on my shoulder if I can cry on yours?

TX_Diver

WKR
Any users who had assets in their hot wallets on an exchange which collapsed (FTX, Celsius, BlockFi) lost access to those assets. Any that moved their assets to their cold wallet were good to go.

Is there much difference between the exchanges in your opinion?

Coinbase seems to be the most popular or at least the biggest? Assuming everything is moved to a cold wallet at some point does it really matter which exchange someone uses?

Is there much difference between the exchanges in your opinion?

Coinbase seems to be the most popular or at least the biggest? Assuming everything is moved to a cold wallet at some point does it really matter which exchange someone uses?

CB is probably the largest exchange being used in the US. The real difference between exchanges is the spot price, it can vary, and if there is a delay period to withdraw the assets. Some cold wallets have their own exchanges as well.

badgerboy

FNG
Amazon is carrying my portfolio. I'm 29 so longer-term holds for me and hard to beat considering the stock is up about 70% on the year. Makes it tough to stick money elsewhere.

Buy what you use.... And the wife sure uses it lol

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

low2497

FNG
I read about SGMT somewhere not long ago (may have been in this thread?). Been watching it last few weeks. Just went public in mid July. Closed at $12.14 today. 12 month price target is $43+
Anyone jumping on board?
Closed at $2.23 yesterday after 3rd qtr financials were released. I've got a price target at $32 on my position. Just trying to hold strong for hopefully good results from their trials after 1st qtr 2024

TX_Diver

WKR
Sweden just announced they are changing their renewable energy program to focus on nuclear. Finally, someone is doing the math and they realized that all renewables are not viable.

Has anyone researched nuclear power as an investment?

I’ve played with uranium over the years and it’s a volatile, commodity subject to manipulation. I looked at NuScale symbol is SMR, that just got approved by the department of energy, but it appears they have not sold any of these Small nuclear reactors.

I think this is the wave of the future but I just don’t have a good clear-cut way of investing in it
Turns out SMR was not a good way of investing in it 🤣

Fortunately I didn't put much money there.

I do think nuclear is going to have to make some sort of comeback but also not sure how to invest in it and also what the timing of it is... If NuScale was the only one with an approved design it could be awhile before someone else is actually building one....

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
Dumped a pile into HE, might take a minute but hoping it pays off.
I wish I bought more when they hit single digit. It's possible they drop again due to everything fire related still pending any litigation. But definitely a long term play. I made the same play on PG&E a few years ago