The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Gorp2007

WKR
I mean, shoot the tail, a Tigger can't bounce without their tail right?

But how much penetration do you need in properly calibrated gelatin to effectively disrupt the CBSS*? Is the FBI standard of 12” sufficient? Gonna need this to be a topic on the next Form Friday.

*Central Bouncy Spring System

Lawnboi

WKR
PMR 30 weighs 15 oz empty, no optic option

M&P 22 WMR is 22 oz, optic ready

M&P 5.7 is 28 oz, optic ready
I really hope the m&p turns out to be a reliable pistol.

I’m not much of a pistol guy, I only have what I shoot and carry, they really don’t excite me. That said the s&w is the first pistol that has actually interested me.

It didn’t take long after seeing it next to the pmr to decide it was worth a go. It dosnt feel like most other rimfire pistols I have handled. Also interesting in that it’s partially gas operated.

The 5.7 is an interesting option. Hopefully we see more manufacturers bring out more appropriate ammo for it at reasonable prices.

Either way I still am in awe that this pistol has a 30 round magazine.

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
But how much penetration do you need in properly calibrated gelatin to effectively disrupt the CBSS*? Is the FBI standard of 12” sufficient? Gonna need this to be a topic on the next Form Friday.

*Central Bouncy Spring System
I'm going with my common cartridge choice for the most ethical way to kill. Which is a M1 Abram. Round wouldn't fully expand, but it would at least shoot the tail right off.

There is an unusual amount of FormFlake followers on here, LOL
With this kind of advise, the PH’s in Africa just Laughed at Form. 22mag for Lion’s, Tigger’s & Bear’s Oh-My
Why would I take advice from someone who doesn’t have bear about bear protection? They can laugh, but that doesn’t change the fact that bear are soft.

His point of view on this makes a lot more sense than traditional “wisdom” when it comes to bear protection

Ive bowhunted in some of the best griz country in the lower 48, including YNP
( maybe phrased wrong, not implying I've hunted the Park :) ) and only once carried
a pistol for bears- my first hunt.

I'd venture a guess that the odds of needing one against two-legged varmints dwarfs
that of ever needing one for a bear.

A 22mag to the face would be a helluva deterrent. 30 would be quite convincing.

WKR
I don't know S about F about bears. The idea that a charging grizzly can bump a stick on its nose and whimp out is bananas to me.

I listened to the podcast and if I accept all data given, I understand why a 22mag makes a ton of sense, especially if the outcomes are 1: bear completes charge and person dies, or 2: bear dies during or aborts charge and person lives

But what about an outcome where the bear completes the charge and person lives, is it better for the bear standing over you to have 4 9mm in its chest, or 10 22? Is it less likely to starting eating the person if it's feeling the effects of 1 vs the other?

What if a couple 22's turn the bear away, but now it's hurt AND angry, is the successive charge likely to be repealed as easily? Or do they usually give up after 1?

Like I said, I know nothing, so these are honest, but probably not appropriate questions.

I don't know S about F about bears. The idea that a charging grizzly can bump a stick on its nose and whimp out is bananas to me.

I listened to the podcast and if I accept all data given, I understand why a 22mag makes a ton of sense, especially if the outcomes are 1: bear completes charge and person dies, or 2: bear dies during or aborts charge and person lives

But what about an outcome where the bear completes the charge and person lives, is it better for the bear standing over you to have 4 9mm in its chest, or 10 22? Is it less likely to starting eating the person if it's feeling the effects of 1 vs the other?

What if a couple 22's turn the bear away, but now it's hurt AND angry, is the successive charge likely to be repealed as easily? Or do they usually give up after 1?

Like I said, I know nothing, so these are honest, but probably not appropriate questions.
If you listened to the podcast you’d realize the bear would be dead because you shot it in the face. A pmr30 gives you 30 opportunities to do so. My 9mm only gives me 13 opportunities.

atmat

WKR
But what about an outcome where the bear completes the charge and person lives, is it better for the bear standing over you to have 4 9mm in its chest, or 10 22?
I don’t think this is an actual situation. You’re not getting eaten by a bear and getting shots off.

Or do they usually give up after 1?.
I believe I read that most bear attacks (where the person lives) end after a single shot. Being shot seems to be enough to cause a bear to alter its decision making — regardless of whether it’s fatal or not.

GoatPackr

WKR
@Formidilosus
Appreciate the info you bring to Rokslide.
You obviously do a lot of shooting.
Where do you recommend the average Joe and Jane purchase ammo for the best prices?
I just picked up a pair of .380 pocket pistols for me and momma and need to stock up on ammo. I'm a rifle guy and usually roll my own. Not interested in doing that with pistols but we need to get these out and practice. I think we will start with the hydro shock deep.

Kris

@Formidilosus
Appreciate the info you bring to Rokslide.
You obviously do a lot of shooting.
Where do you recommend the average Joe and Jane purchase ammo for the best prices?
I just picked up a pair of .380 pocket pistols for me and momma and need to stock up on ammo. I'm a rifle guy and usually roll my own. Not interested in doing that with pistols but we need to get these out and practice. I think we will start with the hydro shock deep.

Kris
Ammoseek

I don’t think this is an actual situation. You’re not getting eaten by a bear and getting shots off.

I believe I read that most bear attacks (where the person lives) end after a single shot. Being shot seems to be enough to cause a bear to alter its decision making — regardless of whether it’s fatal or not.

This one didn’t. It take a bit to get going but man, it’s intense once it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro