The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Dunky

WKR
After listening to the last podcast you guys should change the name. Maybe drop the OO in shoot, replace with an I 😂

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
@Ryan Avery and @Unknown Munitions

Yall be careful with milk. It has quite a bit of carbs. You drink too much you will toss yourself out of ketosis.

I don’t like milk

Luke and I are the only ones left in the challenge.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Podcasting with ADG tomorrow

Any questions?
Have they done any testing on annealing vs not? If so, did they find any measurable effects of work hardening that affects springback and neck tension? Is there a point where it shows up and can be reversed or aided by annealing, IE every, or other, or 3rd firing, etc. Case life?

I haven't done much annealing, but the few batches I've done I noticed the brass seemed to require more pressure and felt sticky going through the sizing die. Is there an explanation for that, and can it easily be resolved?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Podcasting with ADG tomorrow

Any questions?
This might be a better general question for UM. ADG makes 7 RUM brass and 28 Nosler, why do you not here about peoples exploits with the 7 RUM? Watching the podcast, it doesn't seem hunters are afraid of over bore cartridges as long as goals are met. And there is good brass, powder and bullets to support it now.

What consideration goes into case web thickness, diameter, and "hardness" (probably a better word for this)? Primarily this question is in relation to a given piece of brass's proclivity to have clickers.

gabenzeke

WKR
So I have all the makings for a 7 prc minus barrel and stock. Was planning on selling it and going to a 6mm of some flavor. But now I'm thinking I may go 6-7prc. Really anxious to hear how this one turns out.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

GoatPackr

WKR
So I have all the makings for a 7 prc minus barrel and stock. Was planning on selling it and going to a 6mm of some flavor. But now I'm thinking I may go 6-7prc. Really anxious to hear how this one turns out.

He finished it. It was about the same as the 6UM.
You should go for it. You have most everything needed.

Kris

gabenzeke

WKR
He finished it. It was about the same as the 6UM.
You should go for it. You have most everything needed.

Kris
I'd still like to see load data. H1k to get roughly same velocity? If so, I'm all in.