WTS They’ve found a new way to scam!!!

boomah21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, if you have a inclination of what happened, what can we do as a purchaser to combat it, in this instance?
Thanks
He had his number listed in an old post trying to sell something saying text him. The scammer just went to search put in his name and typed phone or text and searched for any posts that popped up. Imo it’s best to not ever post your phone number send it via pm yourself but don’t just randomly post it

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Go to your pm's. Click on the small square of msgs. you want to remove. Then go to bottom where it says, 'take action' and click 'leave conversations'. It will then ask you if you want to save future messages from the same person so you can then click 'save'. That will remove the current messages, but allow you to receive future one from that user name.

rodney747

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Go to your pm's. Click on the small square of msgs. you want to remove. Then go to bottom where it says, 'take action' and click 'leave conversations'. It will then ask you if you want to save future messages from the same person so you can then click 'save'. That will remove the current messages, but allow you to receive future one from that user name.
Thanks for the help!

boomah21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just to be clear it wasn’t in his pm but an actual post he had. I’ve done it myself before….best not to put your number in the listing

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
He had his number listed in an old post trying to sell something saying text him. The scammer just went to search put in his name and typed phone or text and searched for any posts that popped up. Imo it’s best to not ever post your phone number send it via pm yourself but don’t just randomly post it
Thank you.
Good work

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I really don't understand the draw for scammers. Seems like a shit ton of work to break the law and maybe get paid.

Wouldn't a guy who was willing to put in that much effort make more money with a part time construction/maintenance/etc job? Is it really that lucrative running these scams?

For facks sake my company has 600 vacant jobs! With helth benefits and retirement plans that we cant find people for. Makes no sense to me.

fwafwow

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I really don't understand the draw for scammers. Seems like a shit ton of work to break the law and maybe get paid.

Wouldn't a guy who was willing to put in that much effort make more money with a part time construction/maintenance/etc job? Is it really that lucrative running these scams?

For facks sake my company has 600 vacant jobs! With helth benefits and retirement plans that we cant find people for. Makes no sense to me.
There’s a pretty good series called Trafficked. One episode focuses on scammers. Based on that I think many are outside of the US and in some of those places these small amounts can be more valuable to them, there may not be much in the way of competing jobs, etc. I also think they can do pretty well based on volume.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
There’s a pretty good series called Trafficked. One episode focuses on scammers. Based on that I think many are outside of the US and in some of those places these small amounts can be more valuable to them, there may not be much in the way of competing jobs, etc. I also think they can do pretty well based on volume.
Ahhh...good point. I thought since it was a US number these are people in the states. But it's probably not hard I guess to get a US cell phone.

Thanks for setting me straight. That atleast makes a bit more sense.

fwafwow

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Ahhh...good point. I thought since it was a US number these are people in the states. But it's probably not hard I guess to get a US cell phone.

Thanks for setting me straight. That atleast makes a bit more sense.
I’m not sure it’s accurate. It could also be US people who are like the local panhandlers who are (or used to be) reported to sometimes make a decent living at a corner. But that could be an urban legend too.