Thinking about building a 338 RUM for a big game hunting rifle.

Not long ago I posted about possibly building a 33 Nosler and between the Rokslide guys and a few friends I was talked out of it. As I stated in my previous post I currently have a few custom guns 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC and a 300 PRC. I tried a 375 H&H and it just wasn't a fit for me as I prefer a gun that can reach out a bit further. I would prefer to have a gun 9-12lbs total I plan to put an NX8 and a muzzle break. I am kind of veering away from the Lapua's and Edge's as they seem to preform better with longer barrel's I am hoping to land in the 24-26" range. Am I making a mistake choosing this caliber? Can the recoil of this setup be managed with a good brake and correct stock/pad? Is there any other calibers that I should consider? I am hoping to shoot 250/265 grain bullets and plan to reload them myself.
My 338 RUM is probably my favorite rifle. Shooting 225gr Barnes with Retumbo. It's a Remington 700 with 26" barrel with a muzzle brake. Recoil is less than my 3006.

RimRunner

FNG
I love the 338 rum, ADG brass is very good and the nosler brass is also solid I get 2900 out of a 270 gr with h1000, I even occasionally see factory stuff loaded with barnes