Those Using Woodstoves In Tents

Michael54

WKR
you get to haul the beer.....
I usually pack a flask of buffalo trace bourbon or jl weller depending on what i find in our state store. Its a great little nightcap. Beer goes fishing or when i get home after a rough day and i have successfully managed not to harm any co workers 🤣

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Run a SO XL. Heat the 6 man nicely and pretty easy to set up. Less than 10 minutes but more labor intensive cutting wood as you can’t cut big stuff.

Clarence

WKR
I would not want a stove without a flat surface to cook on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Are you guys really cooking in your tipi’s? I can see boiling water or snow but no way I’m cooking inside mine, especially anything greasy like sausage with the lower wall height. When I had a ti-goat I used it for heat and entertainment.

Are you guys really cooking in your tipi’s? I can see boiling water or snow but no way I’m cooking inside mine, especially anything greasy like sausage with the lower wall height. When I had a ti-goat I used it for heat and entertainment.

Ya maybe I'm a complete Sally myself but too many local horror stories of guys waking up to a griz trying to get in the tent with them, not trying to tempt fate especially when my son is with me...that changes a bit in winter but once a mouse gets in your shelter he's most likely either moving into your sleeping bag or chewing a few holes in it to steal some insulation, the less reasons they have to be wandering in there the better.

Clarence

WKR
I just rehydrate food, and we are not in grizz country. Probably not a good idea everywhere, but it works nice rehydrating dehydrated meals on top of the stove.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Luxe Octopeak with S.O. XL stove.
Octopeak uses 8-24 stakes. I usually use 16 to make the pitch taught and secure. Blowing snow I might use the other 8.
I usually setup my cot and bag before building a fire in the stove so i would say about 20 mins all in to setup.

Many replies are spot on depending on your location and type of hunt. There was a hunt I did where I carried a wood stove and a cook stove. Didn't use either on one night. I ate a grouse and dry snacks thru out the day. Too tired and too warm. But then it froze and I was hungry, so I used both. My pack is often heavy. I don't care, I'm old and stop more frequently anyway. I am not setting a distance in a day record or trying to race Snyder up a mountain. I'll get there eventually. I'm gonna do one more Idaho hunt, then that's it for super rugged for me. Yep I'm carrying both my wood stove and camp stove.