Threaded insert for Tikka T3X stock

Dogman-K

FNG
I need to replace one of the threaded inserts in the forearm portion of my Roughtech stock. The insert has a sheared screw in it and I cannot remove it. It would be a lot cheaper to remove the insert than have the screw removed by a gunsmith. I have 2 questions:

Can the brass threaded insert be removed by unscrewing it from the barrel channel side? It looks like it might because a 4mm hex wrench fits the threaded hole But my concern is that the insert might be glued.

Does anyone know the specifications or source for these inserts?

mt100gr.

WKR
I need to replace one of the threaded inserts in the forearm portion of my Roughtech stock. The insert has a sheared screw in it and I cannot remove it. It would be a lot cheaper to remove the insert than have the screw removed by a gunsmith. I have 2 questions:

Can the brass threaded insert be removed by unscrewing it from the barrel channel side? It looks like it might because a 4mm hex wrench fits the threaded hole But my concern is that the insert might be glued.

Does anyone know the specifications or source for these inserts?
No idea on the roughtech stock but your question piqued my curiosity. I just removed, from the barrel channel side, the brass insert on an older T3 stock I have sitting empty at the moment. No glue, coarse threads, came right out and went back in without issue.

I'm not sure about sourcing a new one either, but you could probably trim and notch a t-nut to fit in there and never know the difference.