Threads you'll never see on Rokslide

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Daveinjax - deep breath here buddy. Its all fun and no one is on a elitist high horse here.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I use a quad for lots of uses. Just not for hunting in Idaho, it's pointless. The back bone of this site is DIY back country hunting. So there should not be many 4 wheeler threads. If there is, I will delete them myself!

Shrek

WKR
Armyjoe and Ryan , I'm just concerned that a person new to this site and type of hunting might read this and leave. I'm with you on most all of this but many coming here for the first time and not sure what this place is about would get the wrong impression and never join and learn. I'm not easily put off but many would just leave and nerver look back and thats a shame. Particularly the part about asking where to hunt. The part about the guy who wants to know a good place to shoot a 350 bull or a 180 buck is not going to recieve any help but others might not post about how and where to start and that would be a shame. I took offense and spoke up because I'm just starting out and didn't have a clue as to where to go. There are people on this site who have been more than generous to the point of come hunt with us. I fact there was more help offered that I could feel completely comfortable taking. If I'm successful I will move on to new areas with what I learn and be just as generous in helping others. Looking at the posts again they are not terrible but they turned me off enough to get me a bit fired up.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Dave, that's why I like you here. I also agree with what your saying. I want lurkers and new members to learn, that's the best part of this site. But sometime people really just want to push there own agenda on others, which is not cool.

Last edited:

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
"How to properly condition an elitist high horse for the backcountry."
"What is the maxium poundage I can expect to pack with an elitist high horse."

Daveinjax - deep breath here buddy. Its all fun and no one is on a elitist high horse here.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa Dave!

Somebody get the bus tracks off my back!

Yikes, my one and only wheeler accessed hunt ever...

there should be an exemption for AK on that issue.

:)

Carry on, fellas...