Thunderbeast purchase advise

Looking to get an ultra 7 for use on a 6.5cm & 30/06.Also want to pick up a 22 takedown.
This will be my first time so what is the easiest process.I dont know anything about the trust etc.
There is a silencer shop kiosk in a store not to far and a few Thunderbeast dealers within a hour of Tulsa.

lintond

WKR
Interested in others advice. My only suggestion is to prepare to wait a while for ATF approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
This feedback isn’t limited to Thunderbeast (although I have an Ultra 9), but if you are going to use a trust, or want to learn about how they work for suppressors etc., I’d suggest looking for an actual lawyer to advise you and to draft it. The penalties for a mistake are too severe IMHO to try to do it on the cheap. And FWIW, I’m a recovering attorney who drafted trusts much more complicated than a gun trust, but I know what I don’t know and I paid another attorney to draft mine.

wesfromky

WKR
For what it is worth, I went the silencer shop route for the two that I have, plus the one on order. Once you do fingerprints with their kiosk, it is super easy to complete the process for each additional nfa item, including sbrs.

They have a couple of trust options, pluses and negatives to each, but they do have some pretty good posts on them, so you can read up.

And, if you are a FL fan, I noticed they have a FL edition 7 that they are pairing with a cover.

Lawnboi

WKR
Silencershop is good if you have to order one direct, because it avoids a transfer fee, much like an ffl will charge you for a transfer or a firearm, most dealers will charge you a fee if you don’t buy from them or silencershop.

If you have a dealer you trust, with what you want in stock that’s your best bet.

Last resort would be ordering direct and going through the dealer of your choice.

OP
C
Someone on long range hunting fourm suggested ja outdoors,i believe they are active here as well.

gtriple

WKR
Where are you located?

@J&A Outdoors is a great place to purchase from if your LGS doesn't have stock and has great prices. I got an Ultra 5 CB from there back in December that just got approved. My LGS only charged $75 for the

100% use a trust. It's worth the extra wait for flexibility.

I'd also recommend you get an in-state lawyer. I'm sure the SilencerShop process works great, but I really prefer seeing my attorney face to face for any legal matters.

gtriple

WKR
There's several that can be found with a quick Google search.

How I found mine is through my dealer. If there's a LGS that sells a lot of suppressors, they probably know at least a couple attorneys.

Where are you located?

@J&A Outdoors is a great place to purchase from if your LGS doesn't have stock and has great prices. I got an Ultra 5 CB from there back in December that just got approved. My LGS only charged $75 for the

100% use a trust. It's worth the extra wait for flexibility.

I'd also recommend you get an in-state lawyer. I'm sure the SilencerShop process works great, but I really prefer seeing my attorney face to face for any legal matters.
I also got an ultra 5 from ja in December. Still waiting on the approval.

jonmt

FNG
I went to a dealer that set me up. ultra 9 30 cal. and 338 ultra. One stop shop.
Had to wait 289 days

I bought my thunder east from capital armory and had it transferred to a silencer shop dealer that had a kiosk back a year and a half ago when nothing was in stock. Cost me an extra $100 transfer fee but was worth it because I got the process started. Silencer shop was great to work with. Capital armory seems to stock them very consistently. I am sure there are other that stock often as well but they were awesome to work with.

if you are going to use a trust, or want to learn about how they work for suppressors etc., I’d suggest looking for an actual lawyer to advise you and to draft it. The penalties for a mistake are too severe IMHO to try to do it on the cheap.

What are some things that can go wrong with a DIY trust for suppressors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fwafwow

WKR
What are some things that can go wrong with a DIY trust for suppressors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m not suggesting this site is authoritative, but it wasn’t hard to find these as examples from a Google search - https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/gun-trusts-and-marijuana-and-f/

atmat

WKR
I went to my local Scheels, which sells suppressors. I was able to do everything there at the store, and there’s obviously no transfer fees. Was really a pretty seamless process.

B23

WKR
I've purchased numerous through Capitol Armory and they've always been great to work with and often have things in stock when others do not. If you can't find a TBAC 22TD but the place you're looking at has a Dead Air Mask 22HD, it's about a toss up as to which one is better because they are, both, awesome rimfire cans.

FWIW, Capitol Armory has a new TBAC Gen1 Ultra7 for $799. The Gen1 isn't quite as quiet as the newer Gen2's but it'll save you a few hundred bucks.