Tikka romance confessions wanted

I probably have 20+ long guns... Remington, Winchester, Savage, Marlin, Ruger, etc and maybe 6 builds. But nary a Tikka.

The Tikka love fest on here makes me wonder if I’m missing out on something special? I’m thinking of grabbing a light setup in 6.5 CM and was leaning towards one of the Kimber rifles (love their handguns)... but enough love confessions from you sharpshooting, mule deer-slaying studs could pull me into this Tikka orgy. Also happy to hear anything to the contrary if there’s a bit of folklore that I’m picking up.

Thanks!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Tikka makes a nice rifle, especially for the money, even more so when they could be had for under 400 dollars....shit even more so 2 summers ago when they could be had for 600.00 all day long before they numbed their prices.

it’s a scaled down trg22, they are almost always accurate out of the box.

that being said, I have a few and while I like them, I don’t really love them. They shoot but I’ve never really warmed up to them.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I probably have 20+ long guns... Remington, Winchester, Savage, Marlin, Ruger, etc and maybe 6 builds. But nary a Tikka.

The Tikka love fest on here makes me wonder if I’m missing out on something special? I’m thinking of grabbing a light setup in 6.5 CM and was leaning towards one of the Kimber rifles (love their handguns)... but enough love confessions from you sharpshooting, mule deer-slaying studs could pull me into this Tikka orgy. Also happy to hear anything to the contrary if there’s a bit of folklore that I’m picking up.

Thanks!

Hahaha although I have a few Tikkas, I’ve wondered the same thing! Most of my rifles are longe range precision set ups, and I find that there are several actions that are more than competent shooters. For example-I have a Savage axis that I paid $189 for that will outshoot all 3 of my tikkas.... (.438 sub-moa) so my loyalty lies with ACCURACY not a specific brand.....

My guess is it’s a monkey see/monkey do-what I mean is whether it’s a pack, tent, rifle or synthetic clothing, we all are influenced by others (at least on the forums) in some form or fashion.....

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I got the Form special, .223 T3x with Sportsmatch rings and a 6x SWFA and it might be my favorite rifle now. It’s not the prettiest girl at the dance but damn, she does know how to cut a rug.

Lawnboi

WKR
Isn’t tikka the official rifle of rokslide?

Iv got two, soon to be three. First factory rifle Iv been fully satisfied with. Making one into a semi custom, other is getting some add ons.

I’m also in the process of putting together my first custom to see what that’s all about.

The tikkas I have and have handled just shoot. That’s the main thing I need a rifle to do. They feed so smooth I find myself sometimes checking I chambered a round at the range, and the triggers leave nothing to be desired, stock. Flush mags, locking bolt, recoil lug hole built in the rail. Rokslide made me buy a tikka now they are my best two factory rifles, bar none.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
My CTR in 6.5 shoots .18 MOA groups with 130 Bergers when I do my part. The action is incredibly smooth. I've never had feeding issues. The trigger is light and crisp from the factory. Even the factory stock is pretty nice. I keep wanting to replace it but don't because it works fine.

I can't say all those things about other factory rifles I have. Honestly, if I don't buy a Tikka it is because I built a custom rifle.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I recently hunted with 2 guys that had Tikka rifles. I had the opportunity to shoot one of them. I never cared for the god awful looks of them, but after handling and shooting them, you couldn't give me a Tikka.

Fatcamp

WKR
Just a rifle. Other than caliber probably the biggest waste of energy on forums.

That said, T3X in 6.5, Sportsmatch, SWFA 3-9.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back in 2003 wanted a lighter mountain rifle with synthetic stock was never in to aesthetics for rifles simply wanted a lighter gun to carry that shot well with no tinkering. Bought it slapped a leupold on it it drives tacks and it has killed a lot of critters and is heavily used👍 Great investment back then for $500.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Usually pretty good out of the box, smooth action, fairly nice trigger, fairly light. When rebarreling them usually there isn't a few hundred dollars of truing work to perform on them which is another bonus.

There isn't as much after market support for stocks/accessories as the rem/clone market but that is growing.

The lower price point for what you get was what made them a strong recommendation. Current pricing up at $700 (not saying you can't find sales) I would competitively shop options if I was looking for another rifle.

If your looking for light, no fuss, accurate out of the box, with just about any ammo, you cant beat them for the $. If your patient you will get one on sale. The actions are smoother than guns of higher value and the trigger is also really good. I slapped a burris scope on mine and has been my go to from antelope - elk, killed everything ive pointed it at. I cant ask for anything more.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Light,accurate & relatively inexpensive. Have a great factory trigger & a smooth relatively true action with a growing aftermarket parts offerings to upgrade its shortcomings. Barrel twist rates are the one thing that is lacking that can’t easily be fixed but they are a great platform to build on as long as your desires are not full length magnums. Great rifles for the money imo.

I got the Form special, .223 T3x with Sportsmatch rings and a 6x SWFA and it might be my favorite rifle now. It’s not the prettiest girl at the dance but damn, she does know how to cut a rug.

For sure my favorite and most easy to shoot rifle. SuperLite in 223, 1/8 twist, added a vert grip with Sportsmatch rings and a SWFA 3-9. Shoots blackhills and federal 77gr so dang well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
For factory, fairly affordable rifles, I haven't found a more consistently accurate line of rifles. Meaning all three I had were easy accurate/precise. They weren't hard to find "a load" that shot well, they all shot well. I can't say the same for any remington, winchester, ruger, or bergara that I've shot and owned. How a rifle looks is pretty low priority for me.

EastMT

WKR
I’ve had 2 tikkas, traded or sold them. They both shot great but I just didn’t like them. I have guns that shoot worse that I like better and still have. I’m not shooting 700 yards so I don’t need to Robinhood my bullets to hit what I’m hunting. Too many people spend months stacking bullets and no time sneaking up on animals.

There’s something to be said about classically nice rifles that are heirlooms or will be heirlooms to pass down as well. It’s ford Chevy dodge Toyota to me, pick your poison, roll with it.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Just happened by here today, don't do much forum time but this subject caught my eye.
For twenty years I've hoped someone would bring out a reasonably priced, LW bolt gun in .223 with a 8 inch or faster twist.
About two years ago I saw the Sportsmans Warehouse Tikka superlight SS fluted in 8 inch twist and dropped my $700 on it. With the Leupy VX2 2-7 the rifle is 7 lbs. Makes a decent beater carry coyote gun.
What I don't like? Long action for the teeny .223. The mags are blocked like an inch. Tiny stamped out action opening, can barely get a pinky in it.
An ok rifle for what it is but don't expect to add any more to my quiver. OTOH, always on the lookout for older CRFs in nice walnut. More along the lines of what Papa H would take afield.

Attachments

• hemingway-springfield-rifle-hunting.jpg
    hemingway-springfield-rifle-hunting.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 132

fatbacks

WKR
I had a stainless laminate T3. The stock shit the bed on me after a decade of use. Hairline crack down the spine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk