Tikka romance confessions wanted

Ratbeetle

WKR
Yes it was designed for competition, but Hornady didn’t “advertise” it all that much. Again, can you point me to where all this promoting is/was?

You’re annoyed by a gas tank and bullet? I get it- people are stupid. So what. People are ignorant about Leupolds and Vortex and BDC’s, and reticles, and bullet, and... on and on.

Creedmoor derangement syndrome is a thing.

Sure, I have time to dig through social media posts and advertisements for the last 12-13 years...I'll get right on that for you.

Fatcamp

WKR
I wonder what percentage of threads on Rokslide devolve into a Creedmoor debate? 15%? 45%? Probably somewhere in between. :ROFLMAO:

EastMT

WKR
I wonder what percentage of threads on Rokslide devolve into a Creedmoor debate? 15%? 45%? Probably somewhere in between. :ROFLMAO:

I know.......my old antique 260 that shoots old out dated 140gr partitions probably couodnt even kill a caribou, bear, goat in one year.....my 308 180 gr partitions just bounce of the hide nowadays any farther than 75 feet.

It’s just too bad that some of these guys probably also drive dodges. Let me explain why my ford/Chevy/Toyota is much better............

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Fatcamp

WKR
Don't get me wrong, my primary rifle is a Creedmoor, I just don't think it's that great. At least not any better than 50 other choices. People can geek out on all the details, but in the end rifle shooting is far more craftsman based than tool.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Sure, I have time to dig through social media posts and advertisements for the last 12-13 years...I'll get right on that for you.

I’ll save you the trouble- it isn’t there. Hornady made a round for a specific purpose, didn’t really market it at all, and it took 8-10 years before it really caught on.

I know.......my old antique 260 that shoots old out dated 140gr partitions probably couodnt even kill a caribou, bear, goat in one year.....my 308 180 gr partitions just bounce of the hide nowadays any farther than 75 feet.

Who’s said that? This is the CM derangement syndrome I referred to. People get personally and emotionally attached to items as if it was a part of their identity then get upset when a better mousetrap comes along.

People complained endlessly that manufactures didn’t build rifles right. Throat length, chamber specs, mag boxes, twist rates, factory ammo, bullets, etc. Then when someone does, they whine that the new one is all people talk about and isn’t any better than what they already have.

Hornady made what the shooting and hunting world wanted and needed.... damn them.

EastMT

WKR
I don’t know what CR derangement is, I could care less what cartridge you shoot, I just wish everyone else cared less about what everyone else shoots.

A guy gets on, says I’m considering a browning 308 in either hells canyon or pro, what are the benefits of the pro over the HC? Scroll down 3 or 4 rows, never fails.

“Tikka creedmoor”

That’s why people get annoyed and then get called deranged. If you ask which Chevy motor should I get, 5.3 or 6.0? Is it seriously helpful to then say f150 5.0? That’s all I’m saying, if someone has picked their poison, and needs help dialing it in, let them roll with it. There needs to be more than one gun company and more than one cartridge.

It’s not derangement to like something else, and the reasons you like something else don’t have to be rational.

I hate 30-06, hate it. I know for a fact that it out performs my 308. Still hate it. I don’t need to go to a shrink to find out why, it doesn’t matter, i like 308.

EastMT

WKR
Ok my turn...

cbd2d4548fe13d7c3b1a993245e03898.jpg

OP
menhaden_man
Love the sword fighting, keep 'em rolling! Great reading material for lunch or on the crapper (news just ain't no fun anymore).

I am sold and placing an order with my FFL guy for the Tikka T3x lite stainless in 6.5 CM for my stable. Seems like Formidilosus and others see a lot more lead than I do and really appreciate the feedback... also picked up on that great ultralight scope thread/sword fight and feel like I'm also missing out on one of those SWFA scopes. That'll hit the tab as well! My wife is going to hate all you sharpshooting fools on Rokslide (this is all your fault). Will post some results once I get all my shit in, assembled, and off to the range. Hopefully by 2021 the my life has been lately.

OP
menhaden_man
BTW, you all might've been better off disrespecting someone's momma than their rifle of choice! :ROFLMAO: I was going to inject my love for my .35 Rem with 20+ deer on it (maybe 10 with iron sights) but didn't want to complicate things.

16Bore

WKR
The 6.5 CM drama is being able to play “Eruption” and thinking you’re as good as Eddie Van Halen.

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have the stainless T3 lite n 7mm. I feel it is too lite, and does not shoot as well as my accumark (much heavier). T3 lite may be better in less violent calibers, but would avoid the magnums

My 12 yr old daughters first ever 4 shots from any centerfire rifle. 100yds Tikka 243 compact. 1st one was low , she puckered up a little not knowing what to expect then she found out it wasnt so bad.
f4b0c7b17a3449649fb7f3b7266ddb6f.jpg