Tikka T3X 6.5cm for Deer

T3X

FNG
I recently bought a Tikka T3x in 6.5cm for deer hunting in PA. Mounted a Leupold 4.5-14x scope on it using Warne mounts. Originally wanting the forest model for the wood stock, I had to settle on the polymer stock due to the only thing currently available. There's something to be said for the aesthetics of a nice walnut stock. Polymer has it's pros, lighter and supposedly more accurate. Still may swap out the stock to a factory one. Had a older Tikka model years ago and always liked the palm swell of the stock, fit me well.

Waiting for warmer weather and ammo availability to sight it in and see what it's capable of. I like the smooth action and quality. This will be an alternate to my fathers Winchester 70 in .30-06.

dv8pnt

FNG
I recently bought a Tikka T3x in 6.5cm for deer hunting in PA. Mounted a Leupold 4.5-14x scope on it using Warne mounts. Originally wanting the forest model for the wood stock, I had to settle on the polymer stock due to the only thing currently available. There's something to be said for the aesthetics of a nice walnut stock. Polymer has it's pros, lighter and supposedly more accurate. Still may swap out the stock to a factory one. Had a older Tikka model years ago and always liked the palm swell of the stock, fit me well.

Waiting for warmer weather and ammo availability to sight it in and see what it's capable of. I like the smooth action and quality. This will be an alternate to my fathers Winchester 70 in .30-06.
I live in PA also . I dont have any tikkas but have a weatherby vanguard in 6.5 creedmoor. I have shot many deer with it in the last few years. Fantastic cartridge and the man bun jokes dont bother me with my receding hairline. lol.

So one can't have multiple calibers? I'm not stuck in a rut and majority of the time take my deer with a bow. To each his own.
I’ve got plenty, but was talked into that same rifle you have. It’s a pleasure. Four animals on it so far none have gone more than a couple steps.

Reactions: T3X
So one can't have multiple calibers?
More than one can and do have multiple calibers.

You may not have been around long enough to know this, but it's standard fare to rip on the 6.5 Creedjesus. All in good fun of course. I have one and still rip on them.

Reactions: T3X
So one can't have multiple calibers? I'm not stuck in a rut and majority of the time take my deer with a bow. To each his own.
just a joke @T3X, you can have as many guns & calibers as you damn please !! welcome to the forum FNG

OP
T

T3X

FNG
just a joke @T3X, you can have as many guns & calibers as you damn please !! welcome to the forum FNG
All good, I did just join and wasn't aware of the firing over the bow of SS Creed.lol 7mm-08 is what I originally was thinking, then the 6.5cm fanfare I've read got me curious.

No idea on the need to belittle on the 6.5 CM nor those that own one.

Would you find it equally humorous if folks started calling 6.5CM belittlers the “<derogatory comment> crowd? After all, it’s just a joke.

No idea on the need to belittle on the 6.5 CM nor those that own one.

Would you find it equally humorous if folks started calling 6.5CM belittlers the “<derogatory comment> crowd? After all, it’s just a joke.
bring er on @AZ_Hunter_2000 or to any others I have unintentionally offended. I do believe there is some sort of correlation between the 6.5manbun and guys with thin skin.

bring er on @AZ_Hunter_2000 or to any others I have unintentionally offended. I do believe there is some sort of correlation between the 6.5manbun and guys with thin skin.
Ah, grade school mentality.

The 6.5 CM bashers act just like little boys on the schoolyard. They pick on those who they have a secret crush on. But instead of little girls it’s the 6.5 CM.

But on a more serious note, have a great weekend and be safe.

Ah, grade school mentality.

The 6.5 CM bashers act just like little boys on the schoolyard. They pick on those who they have a secret crush on. But instead of little girls it’s the 6.5 CM.

But on a more serious note, have a great weekend and be safe.
Sorry AZ, my intentions were not to offend you. hope you have a good weekend as well!!