Tikka T3X Ember?

Motown

WKR
Does anybody know if we’ll ever see the ember model in the states at all?

RogerNH

FNG
I hope so. I wanted a Veil Wideland but I do not care for the color of the Cerakote Tikka chose for it. I'd get this in a heartbeat and have it Cerakoted FDE or some shade of green.

OP
Motown

Motown

WKR
I have the Veil Wideland in a 6.5 Creed and it is truly one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned, and this includes some custom rifles I have owned. I agree with the color of the cerakote and it is not my favorite, but I can look past that with the accuracy that rifle gives me.

I am hoping to pickup a 300 win in the Ember whenever they come out and between that and the 6.5 it will cover anything I will ever hunt in my lifetime.

Anyone heard more on the Ember availability in the US?

I like the roughtech but won't do a blued barrel. Might go for a T3x Stainless or a Superlite Stainless if this thing isn't going to be available for a while...

slowelk

WKR
EuroOptic is expecting them in July August. I have a PRC pre-ordered.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
My dad ordered one in .243 this week. LGS said September arrival. I don't know if that is a vendor issue or a Tikka issue on the wait time. But, they're out there.

Zeb3

FNG
I just ordered a 300WSM from Europtic, they said should ship in August.

Does anyone have an estimate on what the ember stock will weigh? Trying to decide on ordering an aftermarket or rolling with the factory stock.

Plans are for a backcountry Rifle. So looking to keep it light.

slowelk

WKR
I just ordered a 300WSM from Europtic, they said should ship in August.

Does anyone have an estimate on what the ember stock will weigh? Trying to decide on ordering an aftermarket or rolling with the factory stock.

Plans are for a backcountry Rifle. So looking to keep it light.

It shouldn't be materially different than any T3x stock, and those weigh about 28oz.

skxf430

FNG
The Roughtech which is very similar to the Ember has such a lightweight stock. I would try it for a season before going aftermarket.

Zeb3

FNG
The Roughtech which is very similar to the Ember has such a lightweight stock. I would try it for a season before going aftermarket.
Is it pretty rigid? I’ve read it has some deflection if you load into a bipod.

skxf430

FNG
It seems rigid to me but I am no expert. I have hunted twice with mine and shot off a tripod so not sure if there is any deflection off a bipod.

slowelk

WKR
Is it pretty rigid? I’ve read it has some deflection if you load into a bipod.

If you sand down the shoulder in the barrel channel you shouldn't have any issues. If you don't, then yes, you could see shifts when stressing the fore-end.

Stock will weigh the same as the roughtech/veil models (32 ounces-ish)

As for availability - on our side we can't even backorder yet!~