Tikka T3x Scope Rings

Ram94

WKR
Check out airgunsource.ca they have the T084 in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofl0926

WKR
Any thoughts on Hawkins rings for a tikka? Looking for some for rings for a custom rifle I have being built

slowelk

WKR
Any thoughts on Hawkins rings for a tikka? Looking for some for rings for a custom rifle I have being built

I have the Hawkins rings on a 6.5 and I think they do a great job. I'm not hell on guns and I don't shoot thousands of rounds per year, but they have held on well, and the built-in level is nice.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

They are nice rings from what I’ve seen. However, using four tiny screws instead of the built in rail when the added inclination is not absolutely necessary... is akin to having an integrated Picatinny rail, then adding another pic rail on top, then adding pic rings.

One of these US companies should look at what Sportsmatch did, improve it, and sell it.

I’ve got both the Hawkins and the Sportsmatch rings.

The Hawkins have been solid (T3X 6.5 w/ ATACR 4-16x42).
The Sportsmatch have been perfect also. I have a set on a T3X 223, and a T1X both with SWFA 3-9.

I wish I could get the Sportsmatch rings, but with torx head screws, and some cant built in.

pirogue

WKR
What problem(s) exist with Leupold base and rings, as they are never recommended?

davescarp

WKR
I don't think the eBay guy (or store) is shipping to the US right now. I tried and they won't accept a US address for shipping.

pirogue

WKR
Dual Dovetails are robust mf’ers. Windage adjustable is crap.
Is this a con to Leupold? Could you explain in just a FEW more words? With boresighting as I tighten the scope, I’ve never had a problem related to windage. Are you saying the dovetails on both rifle and base can potentially provide slack or play? I’m certainly not saying Leupold is top of the line, just trying to see advantages in other brands, and if it is really a factor in lower recoil calibers, such as .243.